Dinner and the 8pm Sailing

Pooch

Just trying to wrap my head around our now 8pm sailing on Majesty.  If we cannot begin to board until 4:30, what time might our cabins be ready?  Perhaps immediately as housekeeping is probably not involved in the “systems maintenance”?  How are we gonna do dinner?  Our MTD reservation is for 6:30 so maybe the waitstaff will keep our food warm whilst we hustle out to the muster drill right in the middle??? Luggage delivery?

I suspect the kitchens will adjust cooking times to compensate.  They have this all down to a science and are very aware of food prep times and storage prior to cooking to keep everything fresh and safe.  It will be a longer day for them but they'll get it done.

Muster may be shifted prior to your MTD time. On a smaller ship they can load passengers pretty quickly.  If this was Oasis that would be another story.    

I suspect the terminal will be packed.  Don't be surprised if they start boarding before 4:30pm. 

They'll do their best to shift and accommodate muster during dinner and still try to maintain a normal dinner experience.  It may induce a few speed bumps on night one but by the end of the cruise I suspect it will be long forgotten. 

Yes, you are probably right but I am really bummed that they are doing this (and I realize they may not have a choice).  It really throws a monkey wrench in that first day as we will have to figure out something to do between checking out of the hotel and boarding now.  AND the Deluxe Drink package is practically worthless on that day.  I have contacted C & A but have not yet received a reply.

Matt, thanks for the link and I will keep reminding myself we will be on vacation, we will be on vacation, we will be on vacation!!!!

Just now, Pooch said:

It really throws a monkey wrench in that first day as we will have to figure out something to do between checking out of the hotel and boarding now. 

No doubt, I wouldn't be thrilled with it either. The good news is Central Florida is home to a lot of activities. You could be stuck in a far more boring port of call.