Choosing who you dine with

Ditzy

Just now, Ditzy said:

We are traveling with 3 other couples.  We would all like to dine together and we do have the same dining time. Are we able to link our reservations somehow before the cruise to assure that we are able to dine at the same table?

If you booked with a travel agent, they should be able to do this for you. We've done this in the past. 

If not, I think you'll probably have to call Royal Caribbean and have them add that to your reservation, but there's a chance it may not be honored. Worst case scenario, you go to the Main Dining Room as soon as you board and ask to be seated together. 

You simply need to link the reservations together (each reservation adds the other reservations), ensure you're all on the same dining time, and request from RC to be at the same table.

As @KLAconQueso noted, if all else fails, you can always go on embarkation day to speak to the head waiter and rectify things.

When I traveled in January we simply linked the reservations together on-line and then used MTD.  We preselected our time for each night and as we chose each night, the on-line system gave us the option of adding other diners.  when we selected that option it then presented us a list of the other names that were linked to our reservation.  It was simple, easy, and worked without needing to call anyone.  Of course, since then we have experienced the "Great Web Update" and my next cruise doesn't present dining options yet so I have no idea how badly they may have screwed it up.

I used to cruise planner myself to book MTD dinner reservations for each of the 7 days -- 4 total couples + myself and fiancé. Just needed last name and reservation number. While easy to do, it took a lot of time...RC site isn't overly user friendly. Once you get on board - I would definitely double check with the head waiter that your reservations went through successfully and the exact times you wanted---and also keep those email confirmations. Speaking from experience, I had an issue with 1 of the nights I had booked for everyone (reservation disappeared...for whatever reason)....I showed them the email and they still accommodated us.

5 hours ago, antarec said:

I used to cruise planner myself to book MTD dinner reservations for each of the 7 days -- 4 total couples + myself and fiancé.

I did the same for myself and 2 couples and the cruise planner now shows nothing. GRRRR. I have all of the confirmation emails so we'll see. I plan on fixing it when I get on board.