RCCL Site - Reservation List

Hi there,

I have a cruise that is on hold (deposit due at the end of the week).  I am trying to add the cruise to my cruise planner.  Does it not allow you to do this until a deposit is placed?  When I type in the reservation number, it shows the dates and never appears.  It has been a few days since it has been on hold.

Let me know!

i don't believe it will show until you've dropped the deposit on it but i may be wrong.   On the other hand,  their website is having more issues than normal since they just added Spectrum bookings last night so i would recommend giving them a  call directly.

A long time ago (about 2-3 site versions ago) it was possible to access the cruise planner before making a deposit with just a hold. I used to do this when you could place your own 24 hour holds and then check something I needed for a sailing that related to a blog post.

Ever since RC removed the self-hold option and upgraded their site a few times, I'm not sure where that stands.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a strange thing happen today. We were upgrading to a suite and the room would show on the deck plan as available and as default selected. If we would call to book, it was not there. If we logged out, then back in it was not there. Doing that a second time and it was there. It appeared and disappeared a few times. We finally did get it upgraded by phone and the cruise vacation receipt now reflects the change. My wife thinks that when a person selects the room, it is put on temporary hold for a few minutes, then released if you do not confirm. It can be very frustrating when you are looking at a very particular grand suite on the stern hump!! Fun, fun.

I think your wife is correct and the record for your stateroom is locked as you go through the booking process so that no-one else can access it (or you could get 2 bookings trying to get the same stateroom at the same time). However, if you abandon the booking process, the record still seems to stay locked for a few minutes longer. I suspect this is due to a timeout mechanism that caters for an inadvertent pause occurring during a booking (such as a glitch with your internet / wifi connection).

19 hours ago, JohnUK said:

I think your wife is correct and the record for your stateroom is locked as you go through the booking process so that no-one else can access it (or you could get 2 bookings trying to get the same stateroom at the same time). However, if you abandon the booking process, the record still seems to stay locked for a few minutes longer. I suspect this is due to a timeout mechanism that caters for an inadvertent pause occurring during a booking (such as a glitch with your internet / wifi connection).

This is correct on all counts. It's not only to allow for possible internet glitches, but so you have time to pull up things like your C&A number if you have one, dig up your credit card info (you'd be surprised how many times someone will start filling out one of these forms and realize they left their wallet / purse in another room), fill out all those online forms, etc.

I'm just glad it's not like TicketMaster, where you have only about 90 seconds on the initial screens to confirm selections, and then only 5 minutes to complete the payment info screen before your tickets are released. Talk about feeling the pressure if you're a slow typist! ?