Brilliance of the Seas ???

rjac

I've done Brilliance, I have no complaints.  Doc beat me to the theater thing... I think it also has a miniature golf too.  One think to watch for (if you aren't D, D+ or in a suite) the Viking Crown Lounge is with the Diamond Club and Concierge Club.  We got kicked out so Diamonds could have their party.

@Matt recently sailed Brilliance, as has @mpoole3

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/11/24/brilliance-of-the-seas-live-blog-preamble

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/01/25/brilliance-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-1-embarkation-day

I've got a B2B booked in December.

I like Radiance class.   Bigger than Vision class but you can see where this design grew up from.  No promenade like those ships that came after but it has a great Vintages with awesome sea views, best Vintages in the fleet.  The Centrum is the 'heart' of the ship.  This is Serenade's Centrum but Brilliance is pretty much the same:

Serenade Day 6 PM-4.jpg

It also has a dedicated movie theater but arrive early for seats.

Other things I like:

• Pub
  • Helipad Access
  • Deck 7 Extended Balcony Cabin
  • Outdoor Windjammer Seating

5 minutes ago, arebee said:

I've done Brilliance, I have no complaints.  Doc beat me to the theater thing... I think it also has a miniature golf too.  One think to watch for (if you aren't D, D+ or in a suite) the Viking Crown Lounge is with the Diamond Club and Concierge Club.  We got kicked out so Diamonds could have their party.

There is mini golf, but I don't have any pictures of it. I did get a picture of the exterior of the ship and the movie marque, though.

023.JPG

DSC05618.JPG

P8020077.JPG

Love the Brilliance.  We have done the 4-night to Cozumel for the past three years in January.  We have it booked again for 2019.  Awesome ship.  I also recommend the valet parking in Tampa.  It is only an extra $5 per day.  It is totally worth it.  When you return, you give them your ticket at the valet stand and they bring your car right up to the curb in probably 5 minutes or so.  Love the movie theater onboard too.

It has been a really long time since we sailed Brilliance, but we have nothing but fond memories on board her.  We sailed Brilliance way back when she was in Europe.  I thought at the time, and still do, that she was the perfect size ship for that type of itinerary.  It was a port heavy sailing and the times we were on board, we were never bored.  I probably wouldn't do a TA on her but for a 5 night, you can't go wrong!

3 hours ago, rjac said:

We're thinking about booking the Brilliance OTS next February for a 5 night Western Carib. out of Tampa. Looking for comments, good and bad, about the Brilliance. Thanks!:27_sunglasses:

We did a 5 nighter on Brilliance out of Tampa in January/February calling on Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it was one of those "just right" cruises. The ship is fantastic...small but with a big ship feel to it. I would definitely book Brilliance again.

7 minutes ago, eaglesfaninfl said:

Love the Brilliance and sailing out of Tampa and going under the Sunshine Skyway bridge, a fantastic start to the cruise (apx. 2 hours after leaving the dock). Wholeheartedly agree with the previous poster about the valet parking also, well worth it IMHO for the convenience factor alone!

Yeah .... the same thrill is had on Grandeur as you leave Baltimore ..... Going under the Key Bridge about an hour after you leave, then the Bay Bridges about an hour after that.

IMG_0964.jpg

Just now, coneyraven said:

Yeah .... the same thrill is had on Grandeur as you leave Baltimore ..... Going under the Key Bridge about an hour after you leave, then the Bay Bridges about an hour after that.

IMG_0964.jpg

I will be on Lady G June 21. Can't wait.

23 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

We did a 5 nighter on Brilliance out of Tampa in January/February calling on Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it was one of those "just right" cruises. The ship is fantastic...small but with a big ship feel to it. I would definitely book Brilliance again.

The last time we sailed out of Tampa there was a big storm and the port was closed to our arrival.  So the ship took a detour and docked in Port Canaveral, and they bused those of us with cars at the port back to Tampa to get them.  The port opened just for cars; we took a bus to get our car, and those getting on the ship left theirs there and took our buses back across the state to get on the ship.  Passengers who were flying had to reschedule from Orlando or other Florida airports, as the Tampa airport was closed as well.   

11 minutes ago, cruise-y said:

If you can eat outside - that's a huge plus for me.   Nothing like dinner under the stars.  So many RCCL ships don't have that Windjammer feature.  It's one reason why I sometimes pick Oceania over RCCL.

Good point. The Radiance class ships have a lot of covered tables just aft of the Windjammer. One part was converted to Rita's Cantina, but it's available for breakfast and lunch and the entire back is open for everyone 24/7.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:33 AM, coneyraven said:

IMG_0964.jpg

Cruised to Bermuda two summers ago with our granddaughters on Lady G...agree completely, going under those bridges is also a lot of fun!

31 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Such an awesome picture of Brilliance going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.  I can not take photo credit for this, found it on Google Images.

IMG_4768.JPG

Wow! So Brilliance / Radiance class with the Sunshine Skyway bridge is like Anthem / Quantum class with the Verazzano Narrows bridge -- hardly enough room to clear it!

On 6/14/2018 at 8:15 AM, coneyraven said:

Such an awesome picture of Brilliance going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.  I can not take photo credit for this, found it on Google Images.

IMG_4768.JPG

Spectacular GPoobs!! Where did you find this? Must have been taken from the north fishing pier, the casement for the original Skyway bridge, destroyed in the early 80's (late 70's?) when hit by a ship entering Tampa Bay. Many lives lost...so sad.