Gold Benefits - Disembark?

I cruise all different lines so never bothered to sign up on RCCL's Crown and Anchor until I'd cruised with them a few times and finally figured I'd be back.  So now I'm "gold".  What does that mean?  What do I get?  The website says I get a private lounge on disembarkation day with a continental breakfast.  Is that true?  Is it worth it?  Where is it?

Do they accrue your points after you pay for a cruse or after you actually take the cruise?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered multiple times before.

Crown and Anchor benefits were discussed in another thread and I've posted a sample letter of the on board offers for gold level here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6354-crown-and-anchor-how-do-they-calculate/&do=findComment&comment=68791

As far as the private departure lounge I've never tried to use it as I prefer a regular breakfast where offered.  Location varies by ship. 

9 hours ago, cruise-y said:

I cruise all different lines so never bothered to sign up on RCCL's Crown and Anchor until I'd cruised with them a few times and finally figured I'd be back.  So now I'm "gold".  What does that mean?  What do I get?  The website says I get a private lounge on disembarkation day with a continental breakfast.  Is that true?  Is it worth it?  Where is it?

Do they accrue your points after you pay for a cruse or after you actually take the cruise?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered multiple times before.

The "breakfast" on the disembarkation lounge is usually coffee and some pastries , nothing near what you can get in WJ or other places.

When you disembark the fastest way off is to carry off your luggage.   You are the first off as soon as the ship has cleared customs.  You are not waiting some where for your number to be called.  And with no customs form to fill out the process is even faster than before when going thru customs. 

As far as the customs forms - depends on the port and it's up to US customs, not the cruise line.

Port Everglades did away with the forms as a test.  Cape Liberty and Galveston still use them, or did in May and March respectively.  Hopefully more ports will adopt the Port Everglades test, but that is all in the hands of the government, not Royal.

When you disembark the fastest way off is to carry off your luggage.   You are the first off as soon as the ship has cleared customs.  You are not waiting some where for your number to be called.  And with no customs form to fill out the process is even faster than before when going thru customs.  Tampa no longer uses them. Was on Rhapsody in February.   

8 hours ago, twangster said:

Crown and Anchor benefits were discussed in another thread and I've posted a sample letter of the on board offers for gold level here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6354-crown-and-anchor-how-do-they-calculate/&do=findComment&comment=68791

As far as the private departure lounge I've never tried to use it as I prefer a regular breakfast where offered.  Location varies by ship. 

Thank you this was very helpful!

It will vary by ship, but on Adventure in May, one of the Main Dining Rooms (deck 4) was the official "Crown & Anchor Debarkation Lounge."   It was up to us if we wanted to wait in there, or in one of the regular lounges.  We went to breakfast in the main dining room (deck 3) and by the time we finished our number had been called so we left.  We noticed they had already taken down the C&A sign by the time we walked by, as all the C&A departure numbers had been called.  

Here is a picture of our instructions: if you notice, Gold is NOT included in the C&A departures.  I'm not saying it's this way on every ship, but on this one, it was Platinum & up.   Gold may have been in Studio B, while everyone else was in the theater.  Maybe. 

IMG_3823.JPG

Yes I think we were Gold last cruise but didn't pay any attention to it (except got a free drink one night) and we just ate at Windjammer and walked off on the last day.  I just wondered if the lounge had some kind of tasty treats or something and was less crowded than Windjammer.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, twangster said:

As far as the customs forms - depends on the port and it's up to US customs, not the cruise line.

Port Everglades did away with the forms as a test.  Cape Liberty and Galveston still use them, or did in May and March respectively.  Hopefully more ports will adopt the Port Everglades test, but that is all in the hands of the government, not Royal.

Canaveral didn't have customs forms either.  We just walked right off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, twangster said:

Galveston also did away with them, at least as of June 10th, when we disembarked. Nice not to have that pesky form to fill out.

It is so nice to basically say  "good morning" to the customs agent and be on your merry way.  And doing luggage carry off sure beats waiting for a number in a packed area.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post we departed Rhapsody in Tampa in Feb. at 7:30 a.m. and we were on the interstate at 8:15 a.m.  No more numbers games,.  And if we were flying well we would have been in a taxi at 8:15.  

On 6/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, twangster said:

Cape Libery did not require custom forms for our cruise in May