Stock OBC

alurb

Yes, as long as you own at least 100 shares you can, but... followed by a whole long list of exceptions. The details are listed on this page.

The shareholder onboard credit benefit is not combinable with pretty much anything else Royal Caribbean might give you including NextCruise (onboard booking) onboard credit or Crown & Anchor balcony or general savings discounts.

The benefit gives you:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

If you find that the onboard credit benefit is more than what you're getting from Royal Caribbean elsewhere, it should be possible to decline the booking benefit and take the shareholder onboard credit instead.

Kinda takes away the incentive, doesn't it ? My D+ balcony discount is more than this ! I guess if I ever wanted to book a non-balcony room (doubtful) then maybe the stock benefit would be worth it but otherwise, it would be pretty much useless....at least, as it relates to getting an OBC.

Thanks, Marc. I never knew where to find this information. This is another one of the MANY RCI programs that are shadowy and well UNDER publicized.

We will be taking our 10th cruise on RCI later this year and I have NEVER been able to get OBC for stock. If you get ANY, repeat ANY discount for ANY, repeat any reason they will not give you OBC for stock. Princess, on the otherhand ALWAYS gives me OBC for Carnival stock now matter how many discounts I get. Hooray for Princess, shame on you RCI!!!

jb@bigd

so sad that perks seem to be disappearing in many travel avenues, they sell them to entice people to sign up/ join
then when too many people do that, they start realizing its costing them money and they pull back some

of the perks.  Just doesn't make sense to me. 

so sad that perks seem to be disappearing in many travel avenues, they sell them to entice people to sign up/ join

then when too many people do that, they start realizing its costing them money and they pull back some

of the perks. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It's kinda like how companies give the noobies awesome deals, and then after you're outta contract they give you bleh offers if any at all. Someday perhaps more places will realize that treating you nice isn't just for the initial relationship.

Perhaps one way Royal can rectify this is to offer increasing perks or credit the more stock you own. Own 1000 stock? Here's 400 OBC etc.