Cruises in Galveston--transfers

Yikes.  Not good.  I guess that's the danger of prepaying a 3rd party transportation company.

I just use Uber or Lyft.  I check both because if one doesn't have any drivers close by the rates go into demand pricing.  On my last Galveston return to Hobby airport Lyft wanted $135 while Uber was $50. 

Well, for our May 20-27 we pre-booked Galveston Limousine and had no problems with them.  In fact they were very accommodating.  When we flew to Hobby a day early and changed our plans, they took us from Hobby to one of the motels on Galveston Beach.  The only issue was that they cancelled our original (10am) bus.  They gave us the option of taking the 11am van (which we did) or cancelling (we were emailed the night before).   Going back to Hobby on May 27, we also had no issues even though we were late getting off the ship.  

A little off topic but since we're talking about Galveston, we took Uber from Galveston Beach to the ship.  The fare was only about $9 but since we were stuck in traffic (dealing with 2 large ships --  Royal and Carnival), I tipped the Uber driver $5.  Still, pretty inexpensive

Word to the wise:  Because you never know about delays, don't book early flights to get home.  We had a 3PM flight out of Hobby so we didn't care that we were delayed getting off the ship.

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

Well, for our May 20-27 we pre-booked Galveston Limousine and had no problems with them.  In fact they were very accommodating. 

Yep, we used this same company to get to IAH from the cruise terminal. I believe it was $30 per person which is very reasonable. We checked Uber for the heck of it and they wanted close to $300 for the "surge" price. We take an Uber to get to the port but Galveston Limo (bus actually) on the way back to the airport.