Anthem Thermal Spa pass

I recently re-read Matt's article covering 10 best secrets on Anthem, and showed it to my wife. She was very interested in the couples pass to the thermal spa on board, since the price was pretty reasonable and gives us access over the entire length of the cruise. From the article, we get what you have access to in terms of the four rooms (thermal loungers, sauna, steam room, and rainforest shower), and that the passes need to be bought on-board (and really as early as possible on embarkation day); but we both are unclear how it exactly works after you've purchased the passes. If anyone here has done the thermal spa on Anthem or another ship with equivalent facilities / program, we'd really appreciate it if you could help us understand better.

• Are we free to use the thermal spa any time we like, day or night, or only during limited hours each day?
  • Do we need a reservation when we want to use it on a particular day, or can we just show up any time during the available hours?
  • Is there anything included besides access (robes, sandals/slippers, towels, complimentary water / light snack station, etc.)?
  • Dress code while in the spa?
  • Are all areas "communal" with the other pass-holders, or does each pass-holder get a dedicated unit? If communal, does it tend to get crowded?
  • Anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

At least on the O class ships, the thermal spas are co-ed so the dress code is bathing suit, minimum.  On other classes (all ? Not sure) there are separate male and female spa areas so the dress code is far less restrictive.

We have never had a thermal spa "pass" so I don't know if there are limitations to when you can go or not but I don't think there are any limitations (except that it is limited to hours of operation, of course) but on the ship classes where the thermal spa is free, Dan just goes any time he wants to.  Of course, the "free" access is for the steam room and sauna only but that's all he wants anyway so he never pays.

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

Adding to this : has anyone bought the pass online? I've tried to buy on Harmony and Anthem and could not. Wondering if it's a site thing...

According to Matt’s article and all the Google searches I’ve done, the passes can only be bought once onboard. I’m assuming this is to ensure you get roped into the full spa tour, and/or because availability by all accounts is very limited so it keeps it “fair” for those who may not learn about until they’ve boarded, and/or because the spa is a third-party operation and, like the teen spa services, reserves certain offerings for onboard booking only.

We have done the thermal suite on the Anthem in June 2017 and plan to do again next week.  Regarding your specific questions:

• Are we free to use the thermal spa any time we like, day or night, or only during limited hours each day?

You can use it anytime during spa hours.  It is inside the spa area itself so in order to access it, the spa has to be open.  I do not remember what those hours were.  You are able to enter as many times during the day/evening as you wish and you can stay as long as you wish.  Some people come and do their routine and leave within 30 minutes others had books or headphone music and stayed laying on the heated chairs for a couple of hours.

• Do we need a reservation when we want to use it on a particular day, or can we just show up any time during the available hours?

You can just show up whenever you want.  There are some busier times during the day when you might have to wait in a chair until some space clears out in the steam room, etc. but that usually happens within 5 minutes as people are all on different schedules.  Other times, you might be the only person in there.

• Is there anything included besides access (robes, sandals/slippers, towels, complimentary water / light snack station, etc.)?

Just like all spa services, you can use their towels and robes.  There is a beverage station in the spa area which offers water, citrus water, hot tea (?), etc.  I don't think there were any snacks.

• Dress code while in the spa?

I don't really know this specifically.  You'll want your swimsuit for in the steam room, shower, etc.  They give you a locker when you check in to the spa to put your outer clothes and other belongings.  We used a robe (provided in locker room) to walk from the locker room to the thermal suite and back.

• Are all areas "communal" with the other pass-holders, or does each pass-holder get a dedicated unit? If communal, does it tend to get crowded?

Yes, it is communal and co-ed.  I think the busiest time we were there was in the afternoon until about an hour or so prior to the first dinner seating.

• Anything else we should be aware of?

The suite is really just one room that contains the shower area and heated chairs and 2 attached rooms for the saunas.  It is very peaceful and I think there was soft music playing.  We thought it was worth it for a peaceful place to get away from the crowds.  You will also receive a couple of scrubs and a loofah to use when you purchase your package.  

We used the Thermal spa on the Symphony of the seas.

It was nice although we did not use it too many times. On the first day you come to the spa you are getting some scrubbing kit (you can chose which one). Each time you go to the spa you check in in the counter and get a locker and a robe , did not see slippers. towels are available in the thermal suite area and in the lockers/sowers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, firebuck said:

@JLMoran I'm on the Anthem leaving October 27th, and new stuff is popping in every day on the cruise planner since I'm now 99 days out.  It looks like the weekly passes to the thermal spa are available to purchase pre cruise according to my screenshot here - unless this is for something else?

I recently noticed this in the cruise planner as well but it varies by ship it seems.  "Relaxation Areas" and "Relaxation Features" - two new categories under spa.

23 hours ago, firebuck said:

@JLMoran I'm on the Anthem leaving October 27th, and new stuff is popping in every day on the cruise planner since I'm now 99 days out.  It looks like the weekly passes to the thermal spa are available to purchase pre cruise according to my screenshot here - unless this is for something else?

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 11.19.35 AM.png

Not showing for me on my Oct 13 sailing. ?

Then again, I'm also still unable to make reservations for Coastal Kitchen, even though it's reappeared and Anthem has historically allowed that for JS bookings; and I'm still not seeing iFly or North Star. So hopefully in the coming days or weeks for my sailing.

I think it's still preliminary.

Here is what I'm seeing for the thermal spa pass.

Radiance {but not Brilliance, Jewel or Serenade)  $102 for 7 night cruise, $154 for 10 night cruise

Oasis (but not Symphony} $99 for 14 night cruise

Ovation (but not Spectrum} $150 for 7 night cruise

Not offered on any Voyager,  Freedom or Vision class bookings I have.

However in all cases I can't buy it.  When I try to reports "No offerings found" and I can't select any guests.

2103367342_spapass.thumb.jpeg.90e724d0aeedf435453493b36b16b655.jpeg

@twangster, sounds like maybe it's the same situation as the YSPA offerings, then. They show up on Cruise Planner when they're not supposed to, and the reality is that you can only make those purchases once on-board.

I'm definitely going to keep checking daily to see if this shows up, and if I can actually make the purchase. I'll let everyone know if/when either one happens.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...