Chops Grill lunch

mworkman

15-20% increases for 2019 for soda and dining packages so far it seems from feedback here...

That's a heck of an instant increase for nothing extra in return.......

But we have seen this coming and the way Royal is going for some time now....I am just waiting till they price themselves out competitively with all these increases and have to start cutting or slashing...will look good on them. They are getting too greedy and aggressive imho with all these big ships and reno's.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yikes !  i guess they have to pay for those Coco Cay enhancements somehow !  Looks like specialty restaurants and beverage packages is what it will be !

To be fair, the soda package has been $8.50 for a number of years.  I honestly don't remember what it was before $8.50 nor when that was.

In both cases, these aren't costs that have gone up every year.  Sadly, inflation is driving all costs up everywhere.  Gasoline, supermarket food, novelty blow up animals for the pool, clothing, etc.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Sadly, inflation is driving all costs up everywhere.  Gasoline, supermarket food, novelty blow up animals for the pool, clothing, etc.

Don't forget the sudden (and utterly inexplicable) trade war that launched this weekend and has added tariffs on both aluminum and steel, which for this US-based company undoubtedly just jacked up the cost of building the Quantum of the Seas, all the planned refurbishments for 2019 and 2020, and who knows what else... ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, mworkman said:

Wow....is all i can say...was $15 changed to $19 now it's $22.  It won't be long before it hits the evening price of $35, oh wait..it's now $49.  No more chops for us!

We pre booked Chops Grille lunches before we cruised at £14 each, that was with the pre cruise discount on offer, was definitely worth that but it certainly felt like RC were inflating a lot of prices whilst on board. An example of this is the new sweet shop, daughter bought a small handful at a cost of $10. Understandably didn’t see many people in there throughout the cruise, to me it seems the cost of the refurbished ships are to blame for the rocketing prices onboard