Best beach in Bermuda?

katjoe

I know everyone raves about Horseshoe, but I have now read repeatedly how crowded that one gets..

What alternatives are there? Don't need a super lot of amenities but some stuff would be nice...

My first time in Bermuda - wish we had one of those overnighters there!!!!

One of the more popular ones aside from Horseshoe..... is Tobacco Bay, which is up near St. George.....

There's always Snorkel Park which is about a 15-minute walk from the ship.  You can see it in this picture along the right edge of the photo (to the right of the old fort.)

32709142_2058678697677500_1798012376851677184_n.jpg

Horseshoe Bay or Elbow beach are two of the best beaches. The South Shore is where the nice beaches are. I find Tobacco Bay to be a bit grotty - especially when the cruise ships are in - too many people in too small a space. Personally, I think Snorkel Park is a joke. It is not a nice beach. And you'll probably cut yourself. It is more of a party destination.

I completely forgot about Elbow Beach ...... was I impressed by Snorkel Park?  Nope ..... but it is an option for those that don't want to venture too far from the ship ..... perhaps on the last day when you don't want to chance missing the ship.   But you're right, if you want classic Pink Sand Beaches.... aside from Horseshoe Bay, you're looking at ones on the South Shore

You are right, Snorkel Bay is a cheesy party zone and I can't imagine wanting to head there.  I'd rather stay on the ship and enjoy the peacefulness.  Horseshoe is nice to go exploring the rocks and coastal path if you want a break from the beach itself but still want to enjoy the beautiful water and scenery.

• 1 month later...

OK thanks! 

I was wondering whether it would be possible to combine taking a ferry to Hamilton, walk around there for a bit and then head to the beach...might be a bit much for one day, though  -esp since ship is leaving again at 4pm ? 

Wish we had more time there!!!