Quantum of the Seas getting Quantum Experience Advisors program

Matt

Royal Caribbean announced today the first member of the Quantum Experience Advisers program: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/09/09/royal-caribbean-using-hgtv-star-genevieve-gorder-help-design-quantum-of-the-seas

Interesting way to generate buzz for the ship and ensure it looks hip and fresh.

Alas, I was hoping that the "advisors" program might also include repeat cruisers like yourself, Matt. After all, who knows best for what a cruise ship really needs but a repeat loyal passenger, rather than a celebrity that's on a TV set all the time? Just a thought.

Alas, I was hoping that the "advisors" program might also include repeat cruisers like yourself, Matt. After all, who knows best for what a cruise ship really needs but a repeat loyal passenger, rather than a celebrity that's on a TV set all the time? Just a thought.

Bryce you have a point. The program should include repeat cruisers, critics, media (People like Matt) and people like you Bryce. You're obviously a man of good style.  :)

Haha, I appreciate the compliment.  I have no doubt these experts are good in their field, but I do believe it's as much a publicity exercise as it is about designing the ship.  

I agree. I doubt many remember Genevieve from her days on Trading Spaces. When I think about it, I would never sail on a ship designed by the designers from that show. But style has changed over the years and I believe this new class of ships will all the more amplify the signature look that is uniquely Royal Caribbean.

Maybe the Quantum Class will all tie in Television/Musical Celebrities? First Kristen Chenoweth, then Genevieve Gorder, and who will be next?

I agree. I doubt many remember Genevieve from her days on Trading Spaces. When I think about it, I would never sail on a ship designed by the designers from that show. But style has changed over the years and I believe this new class of ships will all the more amplify the signature look that is uniquely Royal Caribbean.

Maybe the Quantum Class will all tie in Television/Musical Celebrities? First Kristen Chenoweth, then Genevieve Gorder, and who will be next?

The celeb angle is for media hype more than anything. I mean, the best architects, interior designers, etc aren't celebs.  But hiring Smith and Jones Agency doesnt generate headlines. Getting Kristen Chenoweth or Gorder gets her fan base, celeb blogs and other people talking way more.

Not demeaning the celebs' skills, but it's obvious they want to get as much publicity for Quantum as they can and this is a pretty darn good strategy.