Mariner of the Seas - What to Expect?

Hi there,

I am thinking about booking a Grand Suite for a cruise in 2019 on the updated Mariner of the Seas.  I recently got off the Harmony of the Seas and was in a Grand Suite (Sky Class).

I read the smaller ships do not have the three Suite Classes (Sea, Sky, Star Class).  So what should I expect in a suite onboard the Mariner?

Do they have a private place for breakfast or lunch?  Suites Lounge?  Suites deck?  Suites area at CocoCay?

Let me know!

Just now, DisneyWorld30th said:

I read the smaller ships do not have the three Suite Classes (Sea, Sky, Star Class).  So what should I expect in a suite onboard the Mariner?

That's right. The Royal Suite Class is only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

You will still get

• Concierge lounge access
  • Complimentary room service (plus access to MDR food to be delivered to your room)
  • Upgraded bathroom toiletries
  • Priority embarkation and disembarkation

There is no suite deck on Mariner

Just now, Matt said:

That's right. The Royal Suite Class is only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

You will still get

• Concierge lounge access
  • Complimentary room service (plus access to MDR food to be delivered to your room)
  • Upgraded bathroom toiletries
  • Priority embarkation and disembarkation

There is no suite deck on Mariner

Do they have that sectioned off pool lounger area like on some of the other non-OA class ships?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do they have that sectioned off pool lounger area like on some of the other non-OA class ships?

I was trying to remember if that was a thing on Voyager class.  I want to say yes, but I'm not entirely certain. I think they had a section like that on Navigator, because I remember sitting in that area once just for the principle of it and I don't think we've ever stayed in a suite on Freedom class.

@DisneyWorld30th...I just booked Mariner for this August.  We actually debated the same thing GS or JS.  The price difference was $800 for 4 of us.  We like the suites.  However, hubby and I decided for a 4 night sailing, on a ship that does not have the Royal Suite class program, we could put the extra $800 towards airfare or gratuities or something else.  Just food for thought and my two cents.  We ended up taking one of the new JS room up on Deck 11.  With it being new, that makes up for the smaller space of the JS.

1 minute ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

Last Question - @Matt  @Lovetocruise2002

Is this considered a Suite (2 crown and anchor credits)?

Ocean View Panoramic Suite

And would I get the suite benefits in this room?

JS and above get 2 points per night....HOWEVER, I have looked into that above category before, here and elsewhere, and no one seem to be able to tell me if that particular category qualifies for suite benefits.  

Straight from RC about the points:

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS,, TL A1, A2, A3, CL, OL, OS, OT, OP, FS, GL, GP, GS, GB, GT JS, J1, J3, J4, VT, VP, VO, VS L1, L2) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category. Allow up to 30 days from the date of debarkation for Cruise Points to post to your account. Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

JS and above get 2 points per night....HOWEVER, I have looked into that above category before, here and elsewhere, and no one seem to be able to tell me if that particular category qualifies for suite benefits.  

Straight from RC about the points:

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS,, TL A1, A2, A3, CL, OL, OS, OT, OP, FS, GL, GP, GS, GB, GT JS, J1, J3, J4, VT, VP, VO, VS L1, L2) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category. Allow up to 30 days from the date of debarkation for Cruise Points to post to your account. Requests to add missing Cruise Points may be submitted up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your sailing.

That category is called VP which is in your list above.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@DisneyWorld30th...I just booked Mariner for this August.  We actually debated the same thing GS or JS.  The price difference was $800 for 4 of us.  We like the suites.  However, hubby and I decided for a 4 night sailing, on a ship that does not have the Royal Suite class program, we could put the extra $800 towards airfare or gratuities or something else.  Just food for thought and my two cents.  We ended up taking one of the new JS room up on Deck 11.  With it being new, that makes up for the smaller space of the JS.

I need 8 credits to get to Diamond.  So that is why I was booking this 4 night in a suite.