Spring Break

Hello

We are planning to go on a Cruise next year. Probably Harmony OTS out of FLD. We were thinking to take the 10 - 17 march trip. Would it be very busy on the ship because of Spring Break? 

We did the Symphony last week and we loved it, but i'm a little but nervous about that time in year....

Thank you 

Stijn

I remember several years ago .... I was on Navigator during Spring Break..... found out there were 1,800 People UNDER the age of 18.... and in all honesty, we never noticed them..... Royal does an excellent job in clustering activities together.  All the things young people love to do were in generally the same location on the ship which means most of the 1,800 were there too.  The only time we ever noticed was on the elevators playing "elevator tag" --- who can blame them, we used to do it as kids too so it just made me laugh.

9 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

I was on the ship March 24-31 this past March. It was a sold out ship, but there was still plenty of room and things to do on the ship. You will have a blast. 

We were on Harmony that week too!  That week is prime US spring break. Our week was the busiest they had seen in a long time as the ship was had over 6500 pax. I don't think the week you are looking at will be as bad.  I believe March 10-17 is Canadian Spring Break and a bit early for US spring break (except for college spring breaks).  Even as crowded as spring break was, we still had a blast and rarely felt over crowded.

1 hour ago, Stijn said:

Would it be very busy on the ship because of Spring Break? 

First and foremost, Royal Caribbean ships are pretty much full (as in all the staterooms are sold) for all sailings anyway, so no real difference there.

Royal Caribbean is also a family cruise line, so you will get guests of all ages.  I'm not sure it will be a party atmosphere, as the 7 night sailings do not seem to attract the "wooo spring break" crowd like the shorter sailings do.  I've done spring break 2 years in a row on RC (Anthem and Rhapsody) and no issues with @mpoole3-esque antics.

That is the week of spring break in Ontario, Canada. That is why I can go. That sailing also offered kids sail free last month. However, I always sail when there are a lot of kids since I teach and I can only go during breaks and holidays. I can honestly say that it never really feels like there are kids everywhere. Especially not on Oasis class. The one and only time I felt that was on Anthem in March.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is the week of spring break in Ontario, Canada. That is why I can go. That sailing also offered kids sail free last month. However, I always sail when there are a lot of kids since I teach and I can only go during breaks and holidays. I can honestly say that it never really feels like there are kids everywhere. Especially not on Oasis class. The one and only time I felt that was on Anthem in March.

I have been to Ontario. Love the city.

21 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hey! I'm on that cruise!!! 

HOTS for March 10, 2019?

I have/had an option on the 26/01 cruise. There was a promotion, because if I asked my tour operator for new price for in March, it was 600 euro more expensive! Even if I rebooked in January it was also much more. 

So we booked the option for in January at the promo price ?

2 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

225 days til my next cruise (Allure).  Our first as Diamond.  But you all are providing motivation to book HOTS.

1 hour ago, Bob_KY said:

Done - Western itinerary, January 2020.  Grand Suite on HOTS.  

Record time?!  Thinking to booking...1 hour lol

"Buy now, think later"...a Lovetocruise2002 life motto lol

I've never had a problem on my 3 cruises over spring break (teacher married to a teacher).  The 6 and 7 night cruises are fine and I agree the 3 and 4 night seem to attract the college spring breakers.  The teens and kids on my cruise were busy doing their thing and they didn't bother me... and I work with kids and usually am super sensitive about my break!  Jane

10 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I've never had a problem on my 3 cruises over spring break (teacher married to a teacher).  The 6 and 7 night cruises are fine and I agree the 3 and 4 night seem to attract the college spring breakers.  The teens and kids on my cruise were busy doing their thing and they didn't bother me... and I work with kids and usually am super sensitive about my break!  Jane

Me too.

I know schools and regions vary, but that might be a little early for Spring Break.  I have one child in high school and one in college and they have different Spring Breaks (one is 3/15 - 3/25 and the other is the following week.