Flying out of MIA

Looking at flights for our November Independence cruise.  We disembark on Thanksgiving day.  If the ship arrives at 7, could we make an 11:30 flight out of MIA?  Other option is to wait for a 1:50 flight out of FLL but I'd prefer to be home by then!  If you think we could make the 11:30 flight from MIA, what is the best way to get to MIA for 6 people with luggage?

October of 2017 I had a 12:15 out of Miami, getting off of Allure in FLL, my wife and I did the self disembarkation and I had already hired a limo service to pick us up for the trip to MIA, we also did the mobile passport check out. I think we were off the ship by 9 and at MIA by 10:30 or 11, but we didn't get up as early as @twangster does for the self disembarkation, we started walking towards the ship exit at around 8.

The private limo was $75 for 2 people and the actual drive took maybe 45 minutes, I'm also TSA pre-check and was flying 1st class so I wasn'tworried about getting trough airport security.

With all of that said I think we made it to the gate by 11:15 easily.

Just now, tiny260 said:

October of 2017 I had a 12:15 out of Miami, getting off of Allure in FLL, my wife and I did the self disembarkation and I had already hired a limo service to pick us up for the trip to MIA, we also did the mobile passport check out. I think we were off the ship by 9 and at MIA by 10:30 or 11, but we didn't get up as early as @twangster does for the self disembarkation, we started walking towards the ship exit at around 8.

The private limo was $75 for 2 people and the actual drive took maybe 45 minutes, I'm also TSA pre-check and was flying 1st class so I wasn'tworried about getting trough airport security.

With all of that said I think we made it to the gate by 11:15 easily.

Do you remember the name of the ride service?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do you remember the name of the ride service?

https://goairportshuttle.com/

We did have a little trouble hooking up at the FLL pier (All the traffic), he was about 15 minutes late, so I was starting to panic, getting ready to go to every limo and asking them who they were supposed to pick up, but about the time I panicked the driver called, it was nothing more than a Ford Excursion, but nice, plus I think he probably contracted out, because I saw a Uber and/or Lyft sticker on the windshield also.

Just now, tiny260 said:

https://goairportshuttle.com/

We did have a little trouble hooking up at the FLL pier (All the traffic), he was about 15 minutes late, so I was starting to panic, getting ready to go to every limo and asking them who they were supposed to pick up, but about the time I panicked the driver called, it was nothing more than a Ford Excursion, but nice, plus I think he probably contracted out, because I saw a Uber and/or Lyft sticker on the windshield also.

I know you said $75 but was that charged per person (totaling $75) or was the $75 a flat rate?

It was $87.40 with fee's, which i paid up front on their web page, but that was for both of us, plus I gave the driver a $20 tip, I put our bags in because I was getting a little frazzled, he took them out for us, at the time of getting in the car I still had no idea how long the drive would be on a Sunday morning, one he told me 45 minutes I relaxed a little...

Thanks @tiny260 we are also doing a fly out same day from MIA and I was wondering about flying out of FLL vs. Miami. We did book MIA flights (prior to reading this) leaving MIA at 12:30 ish but we did also did the same for first class tickets to hopefully breeze through security. What is this mobile passport check out that you speak of? 

Thanks @tiny260 Very helpful.  We do have TSA precheck and mobile passport but we won't be first class.  I am thinking we can make an 11:30 flight if we line up for self disembarkation at 6:30.  I figure we won't have to deal with traffic early morning on Thanksgiving but would arrange transportation.  Now to figure out if dealing and paying more to fly with American Airlines is worth it as I hate flying AA.  However, it is the only decent direct flight that will get us back in time for a turkey dinner.  

3 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Thanks @tiny260 we are also doing a fly out same day from MIA and I was wondering about flying out of FLL vs. Miami. We did book MIA flights (prior to reading this) leaving MIA at 12:30 ish but we did also did the same for first class tickets to hopefully breeze through security. What is this mobile passport check out that you speak of? 

There is a mobile APP you load to your Smart Phone (On IOS device it is in the APP store as Mobile Pass), when we left FLL pier last October there were signs everyplace advertising it, it just replaces the paper form, but when we were going through checking out at the pier there was a separate line for customs with no one in it, and the other lines were backed up, walked up handed them my phone, they ask if we had anything to declare, I said no, and we were on our way.

Thanks @tiny260. I will check it out on my next sailing on Anthem in November. I have heard from friends on other recent cruises from other lines that the customs forms are no longer handed out or required at disembarkation. MY last cruise was in November on Anthem and they were required but I am finding a lot of people are saying this now on different forums. Anyone had this experience with RC? Its never really been a bother to claim the $40 I spent on 2 T-shirts but just wondering ?

6 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Thanks @tiny260. I will check it out on my next sailing on Anthem in November. I have heard from friends on other recent cruises from other lines that the customs forms are no longer handed out or required at disembarkation. MY last cruise was in November on Anthem and they were required but I am finding a lot of people are saying this now on different forums. Anyone had this experience with RC? Its never really been a bother to claim the $40 I spent on 2 T-shirts but just wondering ?

Seems to vary by cruise port.  Port Everglades cut the forms some time ago.  Cape Liberty still used them a couple weeks ago. 

it's up to US Customs, not the cruise line.