How early do things open on the cruise planner?

This is a question I always see on this board..."How early does ____ open for booking?" 

Today I logged into my CP and saw that everything, except entertainment, is open for my March 2019 cruise on Harmony.  That is a whole 283 days out!  And dining was actually out before at 328 days out!  On the Harmony FB group, some are reporting that their packages are now open for June 2019 sailings.  So it just goes to show again that there is no rhyme or reason to it.

yeh I totallyl agree about the hit-or-miss.      I've got an April 19 cruise in my planner and the only thing i can access right now are excursions.   As i write this after last checking yesterday, i just checked again mid-post and  POOF!   drink package is available at the moment at the 20% off rate of $48       still no entertainment and no dining.    LOL    i check daily regardless.  with all the issues they've been having on their new site,  i just want to make sure my cruise doesn't vanish.

Guest toodle68

Dining opened up for our May 2019 cruise.. but it was hit or miss. At first it only allowed MTD of 5:15.. then a week later more times became available.. then, despite booking 6:15 time and it confirming that time, it shows up in the calendar as "at your leisure" with no time .. :)

27 minutes ago, toodle68 said:

Dining opened up for our May 2019 cruise.. but it was hit or miss. At first it only allowed MTD of 5:15.. then a week later more times became available.. then, despite booking 6:15 time and it confirming that time, it shows up in the calendar as "at your leisure" with no time .. ?

That was happening for our cruise August 2017.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, Matt said:

You nailed it.  I get this sort of question a lot and I feel bad for saying "it depends", but it depends.

Yep... makes no sense.   I'm 422 days out.  Excursions and the spa  have been available for at least a couple months,  but today drink pkgs are finally available (52 a day for a 12 day trip?  Not gonna happen) as is internet,  but not dining or activities.  No rhyme or reason.   Jane