RC CORP IT GENIUSES Strikes Again!

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time.  Trying to sign in to Celebrity and lo and behold, it looks like RC did when they were switching over (and we know how that worked), so now they are asking security questions, change your password, etc like RC and you can't log in period.  It just sits there.  Interesting, the sign in looks now exactly like RC except Black instead of blue, so I suspect they are trying to migrate everything like they were talking about, but in the meantime. CANT SIGN IN!!  

35 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time.  Trying to sign in to Celebrity and lo and behold, it looks like RC did when they were switching over (and we know how that worked), so now they are asking security questions, change your password, etc like RC and you can't log in period.  It just sits there.  Interesting, the sign in looks now exactly like RC except Black instead of blue, so I suspect they are trying to migrate everything like they were talking about, but in the meantime. CANT SIGN IN!!  

What on Earth is wrong with their IT dept??! You figure they messed up the RC one so badly, they would have picked up a few things....see..SMH reaction needed lol.

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

What on Earth is wrong with their IT dept??

OMG, and when I saw it looked just like the RC website, I said oh no here we go!  It now looks exactly like RC, but you need to do all the sign in again.  I know I read either on Twitter or here on the Blog they are trying to migrate both websites, that is even more scary! I was just trying to make final payment! LOL

6 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

OMG, and when I saw it looked just like the RC website, I said oh no here we go!  It now looks exactly like RC, but you need to do all the sign in again.  I know I read either on Twitter or here on the Blog they are trying to migrate both websites, that is even more scary! I was just trying to make final payment! LOL

Yikes!  I better do my online check in and print my set sail passes for that August cruise before that happens!

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yikes!  I better do my online check in and print my set sail passes for that August cruise before that happens!

LOL! I would! I hope I can check in on Monday myself.  I finally got in, and paid final, fingers and paws crossed that all is good! 

58 minutes ago, rjweber3 said:

I suspect that there is some cookies or security issues in play here.

I finally got in with Safari.  This shouldn't be with either website, it's ridiculous! A massive Corporation like this, I have no issues with any other website including their  competitors. 

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'd love to see RCI adopt Celebrity's pick 2 or pick 4 marketing campaigns.

@twangster I agree totally.  Half the reason I'm booked on more Celebrity than Royal is precisely that reason.  Yes I book suites, I get the 4 perks plus $300 OBC.  My drink package alone for 5 nights on Grandeur was $458.00.  Now, you can say you really are paying for it one way or another, but at least with Celebrity if you book early enough their rates are better than what I'm seeing on Royal. Now it's also not apples to apples.  I am on Equinox in January, booked it last July and paying under $5K for everything. Even a Grand Suite say on Allure (can't even touch Symphony) for same type of sailing date is over $6000 and maybe $100 OBC. We shall see though, Your Blogs always get me started with looking at each ship you are on!! LOL   

13 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

@twangster I agree totally.  Half the reason I'm booked on more Celebrity than Royal is precisely that reason.  Yes I book suites, I get the 4 perks plus $300 OBC.  My drink package alone for 5 nights on Grandeur was $458.00.  Now, you can say you really are paying for it one way or another, but at least with Celebrity if you book early enough their rates are better than what I'm seeing on Royal. Now it's also not apples to apples.  I am on Equinox in January, booked it last July and paying under $5K for everything. Even a Grand Suite say on Allure (can't even touch Symphony) for same type of sailing date is over $6000 and maybe $100 OBC. We shall see though, Your Blogs always get me started with looking at each ship you are on!! LOL   

Maybe I should start sailing Celebrity more and blogging.  Lookout!  Edge here I come...

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

As someone who routinely works overnight because that is when most companies do work on their IT infrastructure, it's pretty bad when a website isn't available in the middle of the day.

OMG @twangster I can't believe it! At least when I finally used my MAC I was able to get in and send my final payment. It really has to be the same IT people correct? Same Corp?

YOu can't have 2 different sets of IT morons working for the same Corp can you??

Let me know when you get in! I hope you try the Edge before me so I can REALLY GET EXCITED! and Jealous!!  

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

OMG @twangster I can't believe it! At least when I finally used my MAC I was able to get in and send my final payment. It really has to be the same IT people correct? Same Corp?

YOu can't have 2 different sets of IT morons working for the same Corp can you??

Let me know when you get in! I hope you try the Edge before me so I can REALLY GET EXCITED! and Jealous!!  

Twins?  One works for RCI and one works for Celebrity?

Mama must be proud.

The website is back up... sort of.

1687464972_celebcwebs.jpeg.04b7e54446e0c8e6c19343ac110d2b89.jpeg

Clicking on the Edge link yields this:

1703523767_celebcwebs2.jpeg.5f97255330645979381719771b7f33e0.jpeg

i would have liked to sail Edge before they eliminated her. 

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

would have liked to sail Edge before they eliminated he

@twangster I can not stop laughing?! the picture above and the other one is the same I was getting, then got that mysterious black background to sign in, change your password etc.

someone, somewhere really has to realize that this is not working for them and hire new people. I refuse to even try to sign on today after I made my final payment. At least i did get a confirming email that I owe nothing, that's something right??

The Royal and Celebrity websites now use the same credentials.  Visiting the Celebrity site earlier (when it was up) it forced me to update my password which also updated my Royal website password. 

It seems we have arrived at RCCL's happy place - one set of credentials for RCI and Celebrity.

17 hours ago, twangster said:

As someone who routinely works overnight because that is when most companies do work on their IT infrastructure, it's pretty bad when a website isn't available in the middle of the day.

As someone that also works in IT, you don't schedule an outage during the day unless it is an Emergency, or was this one of those "No outage" changes and then an Oop's?

I have seen people lose there job for less than this, especially since this is revenue generating.

9 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

As someone that also works in IT, you don't schedule an outage during the day unless it is an Emergency, or was this one of those "No outage" changes and then an Oop's?

I have seen people lose there job for less than this, especially since this is revenue generating.

Or the cleaning people unplugged the server under someone's desk that holds a script that no one knew about yet the whole website database relies on. 

I'm still trying to figure out if RCCL is one of those companies that only sees IT as a expense on a balance sheet and refuses to fund it properly.  When it comes to IT, you get what you pay for. 

I know they pre-stage a bunch of their work at a VAR, I was at the VAR's warehouse that was providing all of the IT equipment for Harmony. They were throwing initial configurations on the hardware and doing a stress test and then shipping it out to the ship yard, I can't remember if they sent people over to install it all or if Royal IT was doing it.

Unless you are someone like Google, what corporation ever funds their IT properly, we are just an overhead that constantly has to be justified...

Just for what it's worth, I went to Celebrity's site just now and logged in through Safari using my Royal Caribbean credentials, and got in with no errors or any problems. I don't have any cruises booked and I have no matching status in Captain's Club, so I'm the plainest of plain vanilla logins they'd have to deal with. But it's definitely working fine for me in terms of getting into the site, seeing my account profile, and being able to view cruise listings.