Deluxe Drink Package

They swipe your Seapass card like a credit card swipe or on ships with RFID technology they hold your card against the card reader. 

Quantum class and the Harmony/Symphony have RFID technology. 

II's all coded in the billing system.  The DX letters on your card or sticker in some cases just lets the bartender know to make sure the billing system correctly figures out you have a package.

Just now, arebee said:

I've found if you go to the same bar, they don't always swipe it.  Some just look at it.

Seems to me that bar tender is doing himself a disservice. An 18% gratuity is included in the deluxe drink package. If the bar tender doesn't swipe a sea pass card he isn't getting credit for serving a drink and thus no gratuity. :27_sunglasses:

40 minutes ago, rjac said:

Seems to me that bar tender is doing himself a disservice. An 18% gratuity is included in the deluxe drink package. If the bar tender doesn't swipe a sea pass card he isn't getting credit for serving a drink and thus no gratuity. :27_sunglasses:

I've seen that with water bottles but not for adults drinks for exactly the reason you stated.  Their portion of the tip pool is decided by how many drinks they serve.  Otherwise there is little to motivate them to provide good, quick service.