Provence Lavender Fields

zucchini123

Hi all!

My husband and i are going on a Western Mediterranean cruise next July, and we are going to be in Marseilles (Provence) when the lavender fields are in bloom. I was looking at the shore excursions for sale by the cruise ship, and I didn't see any that mentioned the lavender fields other than a bike tour, which I'm not super interested in. Has anyone been to Provence to see the fields on a cruise? Is there an excursion that I'm just missing that will get me there? I don't mind going with an outside company, I just prefer to do the activities directly through the cruise line.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

If your doing Symphony there is a Lavender tour they are doing. I have mine already booked for the end of June. Just hoping they will in bloom by than, actually my wife is. 

Thank you, Joe! Are you going this year or next year? I was looking for July 2019. I'm guessing it's probably too far out to book. Do you happen to remember when you were able to book your tour? I guess I'm going to just keep checking back on the excursions page.

Also, I hope you get to see them in bloom then. Should be amazing!

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, [email protected] said:

I believe we booked about 6 months out, and yes we are going in less than two weeks

How were the lavender fields?  Were they blooming?  We have a lavender farm in the town next door to us, and it's so beautiful to drive by there when they are in bloom.  It's even more amazing to drive in on the weekends and visit their farm store.  The smells leave you feeling so relaxed...