Help me choose a room....please ☺️

Ok RC Blog family...normally I am not so indecisive but I'm really struggling with this one.  Trying to decide between a JS on Deck 11 or Deck 9 on Mariner.  Here's what I have so far:

Deck 9 Pros: mid ship, buffered in between decks with staterooms only 

Deck 9 Cons: balcony is "metal box" like and it doesn't have the glass panels 

Deck 11 Pros: brand new addition, clear glass balcony, possibly more storage (saw this on an Adventure scope)

Deck 11 cons: possible noise from gym and solarium, very forward so not sure about motion (we are a bit sensitive to motion).  It's been a while since I've sailed a Voyager class ship so I cannot remember what type of motion to expect.

JS are the darker blue ones.

What should I do?? What would you pick??

Deck 9:

9AB0EBD1-0E96-4B31-BE34-A8C7F8DA3E5F-2076-000002510739B1F9.thumb.png.37802697e46becaecbc68586359570b1.png

Deck 11:

BA5BC57C-C86D-441A-AC71-6B55C43EE3C8-2076-0000025068285FB5.thumb.png.17b280473b9358437443eb099ea1b803.png

Hi, S. Not a junior suite, but we just stayed midship on Adventure (also Voyager class) in a hump balcony deck 7, also sandwiched between stateroom decks. Had the metal box balcony, but that really was not an issue for us. The new deck 11 cabins were right off of the peek-a-boo bridge feature (very cool). With all the public space on deck 11, I'd go with deck 9.

The only other thing you should consider is that, at least on Adventure, the deck 9 cabins were refurbished but still had all the old furniture and bathroom, while the deck 11 cabins were brand new. 

I guess I just confused you more than I helped. Sorry! ?

6 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I can't wait to you live blog this cruise. I am going on this ship with a B2B cruise next year. I like JS on deck nine. 

Lol. I have to book it first. Not sure what I am waiting for...the price dropped a bit this afternoon. I'm within the final payment window on this one so I think I am hesitating because that means no changes or re-pricing. I've never booked a cruise this short notice before. The Type A in me is struggling lol.

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lol. I have to book it first. Not sure what I am waiting for...the price dropped a bit this afternoon. I'm within the final payment window on this one so I think I am hesitating because that means no changes or re-pricing. I've never booked a cruise this short notice before. The Type A in me is struggling lol.

YOLO book it. I just paid for my fourth cruise this Summer. I will be on the Majesty three times.

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But I am worried about the motion

We were on Anthem in March 2016 and Adventure in May 2017 and May 2018. If memory serves me correctly, under similar circumstances Adventure will rock more. You have already experienced Anthem in less than perfect weather. If that bothered you, help yourself by staying midship on 9.

Might I suggest getting seabands? They have worked for many people. Happy sailing no matter what you decide.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is exactly why I want try it.  Brand new...can't beat that.  But I am worried about the motion.  @twangster, how would you say it compared to Anthem?

I'd say that's really hard to judge because the sea conditions on each were so different. 

Looking at OA class in an L1 you are high and well aft of center.  On Allure I felt some minor motion on deck 18 (bedroom).  It didn't bother me but I heard some people mention it.  The point is - it would seem a loft on OA has potential for some motion but would that stop you from booking one? 

Just now, twangster said:

The point is - it would seem a loft on OA has potential for some motion but would that stop you from booking one? 

Ha!  No way!  I did book one.  Harmony 1722 coming soon! 

Thanks for all the insight everyone.  I really appreciate it.  Pretty much leaning towards Deck 11...you know me...I am easily swayed by "new" things so those rooms being newer than the others is a huge push for me.  And I'm really not a fan of the metal panels on the Voyager balconies.  I've never stayed forward before on any ship, so there's a first time for everything right?  I like @Matt's idea, just pack lots of Gravol (our version of Bonine in Canada).  Hopefully I don't regret it lol.

New on deck 11 for sure. I swear motion is worse the farther you go back on these ships. Front to mid is always best. Maybe the way the keel "cuts" through the water. We did an aqua theater suite tour on the back of allure and the motion was awful, and we hadn't even noticed any motion anywhere else on the ship. 

I booked it! 1104.  I would have taken 1106 but it was already taken.  Watched a scope of Adventure 1106 and the newer bathroom and shelving pretty much sealed the deal for me.  Hopefully it's the same on Mariner.  If there is motion or noise...it's 4 nights...my one daughter and I will deal.  Hubby and my younger one aren't bothered by it.  Thanks again everyone!

14 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

August? that is fabulous! I'm looking at her too for the future.  I'm so happy for you!!

I'm excited too.  I haven't sailed Voyager class since our very first cruise 16 years ago!  It will be strange to walk on board at first.  The suite snob had to take a back seat though.  A JS this time and no more because that is enough to get us to Diamond finally.

Guest toodle68

Location, location, location..  we loved the panoramic rooms on Adventurer because of the location. We looked at these same rooms but they were a little too high price wise at the time. I would not pick 1100, but I would go with the JS on 11. 

I looked at the sailing.  Saw a deal on an inside GTY but going through the checkout process it turned into a studio inside.  With a flight tacked on it wasn't worth it for just four C&A points.

Oh come on!!! We could sail together!!!  Make it worth your while and just tack on a B2B or something!

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

3 more nights on Mariner makes it only 7 points!

No studios available on the weekend.  Besides I've got Mariner booked in October with an aft balcony plus I've booked the RoyalCaribbeanblog.com Mariner Double Dip to Cococay Group Cruise next March.  I've also got Nassau/Cococay booked on at least two other cruises, maybe a 3rd.  Three Mariner cruises and half a dozen stops in Nassau/Cococay is enough.

No studios available on the weekend.  Besides I've got Mariner booked in October with an aft balcony plus I've booked the RoyalCaribbeanblog.com Mariner Double Dip to Cococay Group Cruise next March.  I've also got Nassau/Cococay booked on at least two other cruises, maybe a 3rd.  Three Mariner cruises and half a dozen stops in Nassau/Cococay is enough.

Ok then go back to your original plan...fill your time with Celebrity.  Book the same sailing that I'm on.  Get off on Friday.  Spend a day in Miami or wherever, then hop onto the Celebrity Equinox on Saturday. ?

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm excited too.

I think it's fantastic!  for 4 nights you don't have to have the best! If I were to do it, like @twangster said, I would do B2B, would not be worth the air fare for us.  don't you wish sometimes you lived in Florida! LOL, knowing you , you would be one every other weekend! ?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ok then go back to your original plan...fill your time with Celebrity.  Book the same sailing that I'm on.  Get off on Friday.  Spend a day in Miami or wherever, then hop onto the Celebrity Equinox on Saturday. ?

I try to avoid hotel stays between ships, they are expensive when you add meals and such.  Makes you appreciate what great value cruising is. 

Besides my dog is threatening divorce if I book much more.

Just now, Boston Babe said:

I think it's fantastic!  for 4 nights you don't have to have the best! If I were to do it, like @twangster said, I would do B2B, would not be worth the air fare for us.  don't you wish sometimes you lived in Florida! LOL, knowing you , you would be one every other weekend! ?

Originally I didn't even bother to look at Mariner because I thought the cost of airfare wasn't going to be worth it.  However, I think because it leaves on a Monday, airfare is actually cheaper than I have ever paid flying to Florida.  That motivated me to look into it more.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

I try to avoid hotel stays between ships, they are expensive when you add meals and such.  Makes you appreciate what great value cruising is. 

Besides my dog is threatening divorce if I book much more.

Ok...but if you change your mind...we could do a Twangster and Lovetocruise combo live blog...?

Just now, Boston Babe said:

Plus you're going to Florida in august so less $ too! did you tell the girls yet? Or better yet, did you tell Hubby! ? 

Hubby is ready to divorce me just like how @twangster's dog is going to divorce him!

I promised him that this would be it between August and March 2019.

And the girls are excited, especially my little one because we are actually celebrating her birthday on board.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I promised him that this would be it between August and March 2019.

Hmmm, why is this reminding me of Beauty and the Beast...?

Beast: "How do I win her over?!?"

Cogsworth: "There are the usual methods: Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..."

?

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And the girls are excited, especially my little one because we are actually celebrating her birthday on board

Oh how fun!! I hope you let Rc or your TA know so they can make a huge fuss over her! YOu can decorate your door too! she would love that!! What a special birthday for her!

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

Oh how fun!! I hope you let Rc or your TA know so they can make a huge fuss over her! YOu can decorate your door too! she would love that!! What a special birthday for her!

We did note it on our reservations.  My "little one" is entering the double digits...not so little anymore...