Recap: Grandeur 9 Night Bermuda & Bahamas August 2017

twangster

• 6 months later...

@twangster I know you are in the middle of a(n amazing) live blog right now and that this request takes time, but when you get a chance, would you be able to reupload the pictures for this liveblog? There's not a ton of Grandeur content out there and your pictures are always amazing and very helpful! No rush, but I just wanted to see if it was possible. Thanks in advance! 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, spiralqueen said:

@twangster I know you are in the middle of a(n amazing) live blog right now and that this request takes time, but when you get a chance, would you be able to reupload the pictures for this liveblog? There's not a ton of Grandeur content out there and your pictures are always amazing and very helpful! No rush, but I just wanted to see if it was possible. Thanks in advance! 

Wish granted.

• 6 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 7:28 AM, twangster said:

Cruise summary

Grandeur or "Lady G" as she is sometimes affectionately referred to is a fine ship with a great crew.  You can often find great deals on her.

Service in the My Time MDR was superb and I enjoyed it every night having not purchased any specialty dining.   

I realize that my photos have missed significant areas of the ship.   I've also completely neglected all entertainment and shows in the theater so I guess i better book another cruise on her to fix that.

It isn't a large ship by today's standards and it doesn't have bumper cars, or zip lines or ice skating but it does offer an intimate cruise experience with a great connection to the sea.

The Baltimore cruise terminal is small but easy.  My Lyft ride from the cruise port to BWI was $24 including a $2.50 BWI imposed fee. 

Would I sail her again?  Absolutely. 

You took some great pictures!! My wife and l were on that ship twice on a 9-day cruise and both times we had a great time and funny you should bring the main dinning room up. We both agree the wait staff both times were top shelf!! They couldn't have bend over backwards enough to make the cruise that much more enjoyable. Both times we tried to go to Coco Cay it was to windy, we haven't been on Coco Cay since the eighty's! We both now are glad they built a pier! We will make it in Aug of 2020, leaving out of our backyard in New Jersey on the Oasis! Our 13th cruise, 8-day and a perfect day on Coco Cay!! Keep posting those great pictures!