St Maarten Resort day passes?

Tom Cruises

1 hour ago, Tom Cruises said:

Thanks @Matt! Btw, your podcast is my daily commute soundtrack and a never ending source of useful information as we plan our cruise in September! Thanks for all of your advice!

Thank you for listening!

Guest toodle68

We went here..

www.HHBH.com

It was $25 for two chairs, table and umbrella.. use of outdoor shower, inside bathroom and changing rooms and 4 beers, soda or water.

Lunch extra but was great.  Make sure you use the water taxi and not the road.

19 minutes ago, katjoe said:

Why not use the road? 

The main road out of the cruise port is still under major rebuilding efforts, and traffic is snarled less than half a mile from the port entrance for a really long distance. Was this way in April when @twangster and I were there, and based on more recent live blogs it’s not any better now.

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

The main road out of the cruise port is still under major rebuilding efforts, and traffic is snarled less than half a mile from the port entrance for a really long distance. Was this way in April when @twangster and I were there, and based on more recent live blogs it’s not any better now.

We walked the road at the beginning of May on our way back to the ship. The path was blocked off from the road by a fence and we had no issue (including 3 children). I think improvements are being made constantly.

Guest toodle68

The water taxi takes you straight to the beach and about 25 yards from the hotel I mentioned.  The (road) taxi we used to get there got stuck in the construction for 25 minutes and then dropped us off several blocks from the hotel. 

On 5/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, Tom Cruises said:

Does anyone know if any of the resorts on St Maarten offering day passes are back open for business? We will be cruising to St Maarten the week of September 30 on the Allure. Thanks!

Good Morning,

I used Resort for the Day in San Juan but unfortunately they do not have any hotels in St Maarten listed.  Believe it or not, I also have heard that if you call the resort directly (not thru 800 or main res numbers) they offer day pass rates.

3 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

I also have heard that if you call the resort directly (not thru 800 or main res numbers) they offer day pass rates.

This is definitely the case for 2 of the all inclusive resorts in Jamaica - Sandals and Iberostar.....but I will warn you, it ain't cheap.

We had decided to go to Sandals for the day (something Dan has been wanting to do FOREVER) but when we got in the cab the driver convinced us that Iberostar was not only a better deal but closer.  So we relented and went to Iberostar (we had not made any reservations or put down any kind of deposit so there was no repercussions for changing our mind.  More on that later).  I did enjoy Iberostar but Dan still hasn't seen the inside of a Sandals yet so it's still on the list.  I cannot recall how much EXACTLY it cost for the day pass but I BELIEVE it was something in the neighborhood of $175 each plus the transport costs which are not included.  It certainly was all-inclusive.  We had the run of the place but I don't think we would do it again for that price.

One thing about the day passes at these all-inclusives (at least, the ones we checked into).  They will NOT guarantee that you can even get in, which is why we did not have any reservations beforehand.  They take day passes on a day-by-day basis.  If they are too full they will turn you away (or so, they told us).  So there's a chance that you go all the way over just to be turned away.  I'm guessing, that at that price, they don't turn too many away, but it's theoretically possible.

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is definitely the case for 2 of the all inclusive resorts in Jamaica - Sandals and Iberostar.....but I will warn you, it ain't cheap.

We had decided to go to Sandals for the day (something Dan has been wanting to do FOREVER) but when we got in the cab the driver convinced us that Iberostar was not only a better deal but closer.  So we relented and went to Iberostar (we had not made any reservations or put down any kind of deposit so there was no repercussions for changing our mind.  More on that later).  I did enjoy Iberostar but Dan still hasn't seen the inside of a Sandals yet so it's still on the list.  I cannot recall how much EXACTLY it cost for the day pass but I BELIEVE it was something in the neighborhood of $175 each plus the transport costs which are not included.  It certainly was all-inclusive.  We had the run of the place but I don't think we would do it again for that price.

One thing about the day passes at these all-inclusives (at least, the ones we checked into).  They will NOT guarantee that you can even get in, which is why we did not have any reservations beforehand.  They take day passes on a day-by-day basis.  If they are too full they will turn you away (or so, they told us).  So there's a chance that you go all the way over just to be turned away.  I'm guessing, that at that price, they don't turn too many away, but it's theoretically possible.

One of the benefits of Resort For a Day.com is that they guarantee you a spot, and they also automatically change your date or refund your deposit if your ship doesn't make it into port on your reservation day.  

Guest toodle68

So, I guess it also depends on what people mean by a day pass and what they are expecting. To me, it just means being able to use the hotel's beach front and facilities.. but at $175, I assume a naked rub down is also included? :) 

Guest toodle68

I would check the reviews for that beach. That was on my bucket list but I read it had been affected by the hurricane and the reviews since have not been great. It did not feel like a nice relaxing location, and since that port was our 1 beach day, we picked somewhere else.