Coco cay cabana

Vee2525

Hello all,

Just came back from a 7 night Bahamas cruise leaving from NJ. We went May 11 to May 18 2018. During the cruise our only shore excursion was a cabana at cococay. Although the weather was not as hot as we wanted, it was still a great experience and would do again 100%.

side note me and my boyfriend are going to a 9 night cruise may 2019 and one of the stops is labadee. Would appreciate any feedback to whats it like there? Is it the same feel as cococay? Anything in particular to expect?

happy cruising.

Hi @Vee2525, welcome to the RCBlog boards!

I haven't been to Coco Cay yet, but based on what I have read here from others and what I know is planned for Coco Cay over the next couple of years with the "Perfect Day" effort, I would say that Labadee is maybe a step past where Coco Cay is now, but not nearly the level they are planning for Coco Cay. What I mean by this is that while you have some "attractions" at Labadee like the Dragon's Breath zip line and Dragon's Tail alpine coaster, plus the small water park area, it is in no way be the extravaganza Royal seems to be planning to turn Coco Cay into.

The cabana experience should be the same as Coco Cay, where you will have a personal attendant to take care of you and you will be given some extra amenities like nicer towels than you can take off the ship and a cooler of water. You'll also have access to a "golf cart" transport to get you to all the different spots around the area. My family and I took big advantage of this for getting to places like the alpine coaster and the barbecue lunch, as well as back to the ship at the end of the day.

The alpine coaster is a lot of fun if you're into that kind of coaster, and I would recommend that you (a) get the all-day pass if you at all plan to ride more than once, and (b) ride it early in the day, when I found the lines to be minimal or non-existent.

My family did the zip line and said it was also a ton of fun, and not nearly as scary as they thought it was going to be.

Apart from doing those two activities, our day was pretty much a beach day spent lounging in the cabana or lazing in the lagoon. My kids went to the market area and learned the hard way the importance of good haggling skills when buying anything there; if you're not into haggling, skip that area and save yourself some agita.

Hope this helps!