Dress code for MDR for breakfast

RRoman7

I've searched around and can see that "smart casual" is the dress code for the MDR.  I'm curious if I am allowed to wear a non-wet bathing suit under a cover up dress (looks more like an actual dress) or if this would be an issue.  I just don't want to do the wrong thing! Thank you.

Your top will be just fine. We have seen them on many occasions.   Four years ago in the M.D R  on formal night this couple at our table came late and they were wearing their workout clothes as they came from the gym. They were in sleeveless shirts and shorts. They ate dinner and left . Not a word was said to them.  And boy were they ripe.   So it just depends on the fashion police to stop by as they may or may not.  On a positive note they never showed up for the rest of the cruise so maybe something was said when they left the M.D.R..  The other 8 of us could not say anything to them as none of us spoke Italian.  And no I`m not criticizing any ones nationality.   I honestly can say  tho that there has not been one single  formal dinner on the cruises we have been on that you will see several shall we say non conformists   present.   I`m a blue collar worker so it is rare that I get the opportunity to dress up.   So I do.   Just saying.

Now that's a great idea!  I'm sure from our past cruises and other trips we've been on, we could write one also!!!  We will be taking pictures as often as we can as we will be with a group of 18 celebrating my in-law's 50th anniversary!  My mother in law will want as many pictures as we can get so we plan to buy a good set of them for their gift.  

5 hours ago, RamblingRandie said:

Just to pass on, men are not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts.  So tank tops or muscle shirts not allowed.  But I didn't see them turn away most everything else.  Their website suggest the same thing. 

No sleaveless shirts???? is that just for evening meal or ALL meals in MDR

4 hours ago, RamblingRandie said:

All meals.  Last month we had 2 friends turned away on two different days for breakfast because they had a tank top on.  

Anyone Wearing a tank top should be thrown off ship lol soooooo 70's fashion lol 

Just got  back from 5/18 Adventure of the Seas.  2nd formal night, 530 seating -- DH saw a couple of young (early 20's?) men walk in @ 615pm, in gym shorts and old t-shirts -- unfortunately, he couldn't tell if they seated themselves or were asked to leave.  Not putting this out to start a debate, just saying some people REALLY don't care about the dress code suggestions.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, MaryCS62 said:

Just got  back from 5/18 Adventure of the Seas.  2nd formal night, 530 seating -- DH saw a couple of young (early 20's?) men walk in @ 615pm, in gym shorts and old t-shirts -- unfortunately, he couldn't tell if they seated themselves or were asked to leave.  Not putting this out to start a debate, just saying some people REALLY don't care about the dress code suggestions.

As long as they are published as "recommendations" there is nothing that can be done. The requirement for no sleeveless shirts for men is enforceable.

• 2 months later...

As we all know, tank tops for men are different for women. For instance, most formal dresses, even wedding dresses are either tank top dresses or even sleeveless. Can I wear my casual tank tops as a women that are above the t-shirt style at the main dining room?

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=283844002&rrec=true&mlink=5050,12413545,onproduct1_rr_3&clink=12413545

4 hours ago, New to Cruising Brandi said:

As we all know, tank tops for men are different for women. For instance, most formal dresses, even wedding dresses are either tank top dresses or even sleeveless. Can I wear my casual tank tops as a women that are above the t-shirt style at the main dining room?

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=283844002&rrec=true&mlink=5050,12413545,onproduct1_rr_3&clink=12413545

You could totally wear that! People go in way more casual than that too ?

38 minutes ago, New to Cruising Brandi said:

Thanks so much!  That makes me feel much more comfortable. I really want to work on a tan, and would rather wear as least sleeves as possible. 

Very few of my dresses have sleeves.  That being said, I'm almost always wearing a sweater on top of it as it gets cold in the MDR.