Drink Package Question - Bottled Water

Okay, every RC cruise we've been on we have gotten the primo drink package.  I plan to get it again when I cruise with my Mom in September.  Also, every time we cruise I order a 12 pack of the Evian water for my room.  

I've been reading different places that my drink package INCLUDES bottled water!?!?!?  What kind?  What size?  So, I can just walk up to any bar and say bottled water please?  Also, I've been paying for specialty coffee drinks on all my cruises.  My package includes that too? 

Royal doesn't get real specific on their "details" for the package so please enlighten me.  If I've been wasting money all these years I want to know so I don't repeat the same mistakes on future cruises!  

Thank you so much in advance for the comments.  ?

If it's the deluxe drink package that you are referring to then yes, it includes all that you listed: Bottled water (reg 500mL size), specialty coffee, alcoholic drinks up to $12 or $13 depending on the ship.  Evian is only thing I am not sure of.  I always thought Evian was not included but last time I cruised with drink package and I asked for Evian, I wasn't charged.  That was just once though.  And yes, you can go up to any bar and ask for water bottles.  I would ask for water every time I got a drink.  Also, every time I passed by somewhere that had bottled water I would get one.  Stocked up for the room.  If you ever ask hubby, he will shake is head because at the end we would always have excess bottled water lol.

5 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Okay, every RC cruise we've been on we have gotten the primo drink package.  I plan to get it again when I cruise with my Mom in September.  Also, every time we cruise I order a 12 pack of the Evian water for my room.  

I've been reading different places that my drink package INCLUDES bottled water!?!?!?  What kind?  What size?  So, I can just walk up to any bar and say bottled water please?  Also, I've been paying for specialty coffee drinks on all my cruises.  My package includes that too? 

Royal doesn't get real specific on their "details" for the package so please enlighten me.  If I've been wasting money all these years I want to know so I don't repeat the same mistakes on future cruises!  

Thank you so much in advance for the comments.  ?

Bottle of water and special coffee includes in the package.

The only thing which is not included is Starbucks coffee in ships which includes it , but even on thous ship you can can get special coffee (espresso base) in several locations.    

And yes , you just go to any bar and ask for bottle of water, many times they will also have a stand of bottle water near the gangway before you go out of the ship.

Regarding the type of water , I am not that sure , but if you ask I think you can get also Evian.

So if you got the drinking package do not bother to get the 12 bottles.

Even if you do not have the package you can being several bottles of water on embarkation day without any issues (beside carry them with you as they can not be with the checked items )

I forgot the brand of "regular" bottled water that was on Freedom two weeks ago, but they had both still and sparkling varieties. If you like sparkling water, don't bother...it was awful. The still was fine. I had no problem asking for a bottle of either when I ordered an alcoholic drink or coffee with the deluxe package - i.e. "I'll take a gin and tonic, and a bottle of water too".

They also have Pellegrino (my personal favorite), but that was treated as a stand alone drink - i.e. I couldn't get a gin and tonic and a pellegrino, it had to be two separate trips.

1 hour ago, Lindsay said:

I've been reading different places that my drink package INCLUDES bottled water!?!?!?  What kind?  What size?  So, I can just walk up to any bar and say bottled water please? 

Yes it does.  It's a typical plastic bottle of water (8oz, I think) and typically an off brand of water. I think it depends on the ship and which supplier they use.

You can absolutely ask for a bottle of water just like you would order a soda or cocktail. In fact, they often allow you to order a cocktail and a bottle of water at the same time. Great strategy to start stockpiling water in your stateroom.

1 hour ago, Lindsay said:

Also, I've been paying for specialty coffee drinks on all my cruises.  My package includes that too? 

Yes, the delxue beverage package includes specialty coffee (lattes, espresso, etc) from a place like Cafe Promenade or a specialty restaurant.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If it's the deluxe drink package that you are referring to then yes, it includes all that you listed: Bottled water (reg 500mL size), specialty coffee, alcoholic drinks up to $12 or $13 depending on the ship.  Evian is only thing I am not sure of.  I always thought Evian was not included but last time I cruised with drink package and I asked for Evian, I wasn't charged.  That was just once though.  And yes, you can go up to any bar and ask for water bottles.  I would ask for water every time I got a drink.  Also, every time I passed by somewhere that had bottled water I would get one.  Stocked up for the room.  If you ever ask hubby, he will shake is head because at the end we would always have excess bottled water lol.

I would do the same thing.

Was on Rhapsody in Feb.  Had the regular drink package which allowed soda, water,fresh o.j. and specialty coffees.   Sometimes we got Evian with no hassle and sometimes they said it was a chargeable item.  We stocked up with water every time we ordered anything to drink all cruise. The extra water comes in handy.  Our previous cruise the ship had Starbucks but other premium coffees were no charge.  Any thing is much better than M.D.R. coffee.   YUCK     Cowboy coffee is way better than M.D.R. coffee.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes it does.  It's a typical plastic bottle of water (8oz, I think) and typically an off brand of water. I think it depends on the ship and which supplier they use.

You can absolutely ask for a bottle of water just like you would order a soda or cocktail. In fact, they often allow you to order a cocktail and a bottle of water at the same time. Great strategy to start stockpiling water in your stateroom.

Yes, the delxue beverage package includes specialty coffee (lattes, espresso, etc) from a place like Cafe Promenade or a specialty restaurant.

I always get 16 oz bottles.  You can get Evian too, but not every bar carries it.   I also love that I can grab a free bottle on my way out to shore from the guy at the water stand by the ship exit. 

Just now, iluvwineandtravel said:

I always get 16 oz bottles.  You can get Evian too, but not every bar carries it.   I also love that I can grab a free bottle on my way out to shore from the guy at the water stand by the ship exit.   We turned diamond after our last cruise, so november will be my first time sailing without the drink package in a while.  I will really miss the bottles of water!  

If you are referring to the Refreshment package (Royal Refreshment), this includes the specialty coffees (no Starbucks on the Oasis class but you can get the specialty coffees at non starbucks locations e.g. Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, etc...) and teas, freshly squeezed juices, bottled water (I got the Evian large bottle on Labadee, Haiti) and everything else in the Soda package.

Do not pay for the extra bottled water to be delivered to your room.

@Lindsay.  What a great question.  I too have always bought the case of water AND the coffee card.  Oh well.  A few months back, @DocLC informed me about tips and drink packages.  I always gave "base" tips because I thought it wasn't included  in the package fees (still give extra tip $ for exceptional service).   Again, this blog site is fantastic because of contributors.  

Hi. My first post. My first RC cruise is in 38 days. Yes I'm counting! Going to Cuba on the Empress. My two kids don't drink much soda. I suspect they will want one each day since it's vacation. Are the a la carte soda prices reasonable? What about buying a basic mixed drink at the bar? Or do I just bite the bullet and get the drink packages?

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hi. My first post. My first RC cruise is in 38 days. Yes I'm counting! Going to Cuba on the Empress. My two kids don't drink much soda. I suspect they will want one each day since it's vacation. Are the a la carte soda prices reasonable? What about buying a basic mixed drink at the bar? Or do I just bite the bullet and get the drink packages?

Welcome to the message boards!

There is a blog about drink prices here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Figure five or six alcoholic drinks per day to break even.  How much each of us drinks varies.  Sometimes there is value in a drink package and for others not as much. 

See also this blog post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/01/08/answers-common-royal-caribbean-unlimited-alcohol-package-questions

and

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/10/24/8-awesome-reasons-buy-royal-caribbeans-unlimited-alcohol-package

Guest toodle68

Plastic bags are being banned in many places, the removal of plastic straws has started.. I hope one day plastic water bottles are added to that list. 

Jay you could 

16 hours ago, Jay said:

get the premium drink package you will get the soda cups when you get on board.  Give the soda cups to the kids and they can get soda whenever they want.  Unless you will be drinking 4 to 5 drinks a day it might be more cost effective to buy individual drinks and get the kids one or 2 cans of soda a day.  Welcome to the blog. Enjoy the cruise.  

1 hour ago, fonemanbob said:

Jay you could 

get the premium drink package you will get the soda cups when you get on board.  Give the soda cups to the kids and they can get soda whenever they want.  Unless you will be drinking 4 to 5 drinks a day it might be more cost effective to buy individual drinks and get the kids one or 2 cans of soda a day.  Welcome to the blog. Enjoy the cruise.  

This is exactly what we did when we cruised with our kids on RC.  I don't drink soda....so the cup went to my daughter.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

Are the a la carte soda prices reasonable?

I don't think the a la carte soda price is reasonable at ALL (over $4 by the time they add the tip) but if you are not going to drink enough sodas to make it worth the price of the package then $5 each would be your only other alternative.  What is the soda package cost per day these days ?  I don't even know.  Maybe $8.50 pp/pd ?  It sounds as if you are going to drink more than 1 per day then it would be worth having the package.  Keep in mind though...the $5 each is for a canned drink.  If you get the soda package, it only entitles you to fountain drinks.  Since I am a Coke snob, I despise fountain sodas and only want canned so the package is never an option for me.  If I am not sailing Star Class, I always just bite the bullet and pay $5 for a canned coke.  UGH !