No suite line at Cape Liberty port?

I feel like I’ve read a couple of times here now that Cape Liberty bucks the pattern of most ports Royal sails from, and has no dedicated line or maybe just waiting area for suite guests. Is that correct? Mainly a question for @Lovetocruise2002, @twangster, @iamjohnbamber, @Matt, and @J_Keeble, who all sailed out of there fairly recently on Anthem.

I hope I’m remembering wrongly; I kind of want to experience that suite-level embarkation treatment with my wife on embarkation, even though we’re  only in a JS, since that’s one of the few actual perks of that room class.

Granted, dinner in CK each night will be a far nicer perk, but I kind of want to get all the parts of the experience that I’ve paid for.

21 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I feel like I’ve read a couple of times here now that Cape Liberty bucks the pattern of most ports Royal sails from, and has no dedicated line or maybe just waiting area for suite guests. Is that correct? @Lovetocruise2002@twangster@iamjohnbamber@Matt@J_Keeble

I hope I’m remembering wrongly; I kind of want to experience that suite-level embarkation treatment with my wife on embarkation, even though we’re  only in a JS, since that’s one of the few actual perks of that room class.

Granted, dinner in CK each night will be a far nicer perk, but I kind of want to get all the parts of the experience that I’ve paid for.

Hey Joe---I wish you would have asked this question last week! I did not take notice of all the signs but when we checked in at Cape Liberty for Adventure, the shortest line (actually no line) was for what the agent called "regular" check in. I guess we looked irregular! They did have lines for various C&A tiers, but sorry, I didn't read them and we were not in a suite.  Plus, I remember from 2 years ago, Anthem check in is REALLY QUICK AND EASY--all done with iPads. So although I totally get you wanting to take advantage of every perk available, you don't need to spend any time thinking about check in. I'm betting you will be on board within 15 minutes of parking. Happy sailing!

1 hour ago, Skid said:

I remember from 2 years ago, Anthem check in is REALLY QUICK AND EASY--all done with iPads. So although I totally get you wanting to take advantage of every perk available, you don't need to spend any time thinking about check in. I'm betting you will be on board within 15 minutes of parking.

Thanks for the info! I kind of remember reading about the iPad-based checkin and how fast it was. I’m just figuring we’ll get there as early as possible, so after the fast checkin we’ll most likely have to wait a little before boarding.

There is most definitely a dedicated suites entrance and check in area.  But it went so fast I never got pictures.  I can tell you the area was not as large as Terminal 18 but there were a few rows of chairs and snacks available.  However, we went through so fast we did not even sit down.  Fastest check in ever at Cape Liberty!

@JLMoran what you probably heard was that all of the other tiers there are ignored. If you are not a suite guest you end up in this giant scrum of seating. They have signs for the varying C&A levels but everyone sits in the same area. Our last trip on Anthem in Nov17 we had reached platinum. They directed us through the signs to the "platinum" waiting area which is the same area as new or non C&A members . It was no bother really and I have yet to experience suite check in so I don't really know what I am missing but I hope too soon! We ended up having a great chat with some folks from Wales who were first time cruisers and first time visitors to the US.  The wait time (maybe an hour we got there around 10:30)  Others have said it in this thread already but Anthem embarkation is smooth and very fast.

I hope you really enjoy the perks!! Would love to hear from others who have embarked from the suite area there. Do you get on much earlier? Are you allowed to go to a different area of the ship once on to wait until the cabins are ready? Is the disembarkation better? We typically walk off and that is incredibly fast. Are the JS and above cabins ready earlier? The CK dinners and other perks are kind of less important to us. But smooth entry and exit are.

KathyC scoped it a few days ago. 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bdFfYzF6dktOcHp2dndaRWV8MWxEeExhTGVscG9LbY1uAbha9xqSOsA1cQgEsiWZyh_K-aV1I3CtffQWzYdE

Plus she scoped the drive towards Cape Liberty from the highway in case you are driving there:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bdFgETF6dktOcHp2dndaRWV8MU9kS3JaQndwWXZLWB_RrcMHif3AY_s5NqGEmDi9AvAGyYHrlvRQqEIQChPj

She just boarded Adventure in a JS.

5 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

I hope you really enjoy the perks!! Would love to hear from others who have embarked from the suite area there. Do you get on much earlier? 

We arrived at the terminal just after 10:15am.  Minimal line at security.  The suites check in was empty, meaning there was no one standing at the counter before us.  We just walked right up.  While the agent was checking us in, I did catch a glance to the right where general check in and boarding was.  It was much busier.  They had the "Disney line" going, the kind the zig zags back and forth, like security at the airports.  Check in took about 5 min because we always have them take the pics at the terminal.  After that we were directed right through to the boarding tunnel as I showed in my live blog from March 2018.  I feel like we did get on quite a bit earlier than others.  The ship was pretty empty when we first stepped on.

Are you allowed to go to a different area of the ship once on to wait until the cabins are ready?

Cabins are ready around 1pm as long as there is no additional delay for cleaning etc.  You are welcome to wait in any of the public areas.  Just be mindful not to wait in a busy place like the Windjammer where someone else might need the table. Some people do linger in the main stairways on the Decks where their cabins are.  I've witnessed this on several ships.

Is the disembarkation better? We typically walk off and that is incredibly fast. Are the JS and above cabins ready earlier? 

Disembarkation is only expedited for Star and Sky class.  Not Sea Class (which a JS is).  We did not find disembarkation to be long.  However, we also waited until about 9am to get off.  It was busy but the line moved.  It took less than 1/2 hour from walking off to getting into a Lyft back to the airport.  JS cabins are not ready earlier.  The only cabins ready earlier are the Star Class cabins.

The CK dinners and other perks are kind of less important to us. But smooth entry and exit are.

I'm going to pretend that you did not just say that! Lol!  IMO, Coastal Kitchen is one of the best suite perks to the ships that offer it.  It rivals most specialty restaurants.  We do not feel like we need to dine in specialty at all when we have access to CK.  Don't miss out on it if you have the chance!  Not only is the food excellent but the service is superb!

Like yourself I was in a junior suite and there was a separate line which got priority. I arrived around 10:30 at the terminal and there was ample suite seating which were comfier than the generic terminal chairs.

I think there was also complimentary drinks as well, such as tea coffee water etc

The check in was one of the easiest I have been through, although there was an outbreak of Norovirus so it was a little delayed.