Pray for my school

Sweety

What's going on in our schools is a nightmare and we can't seem to wake from it.   Yesterday was another tragic day.  My prayers are with you and your school.  My prayer is for us to find solid ways to push back this tide of evil that is overtaking us.  We can't keep saying "this is not the time to talk about it."  If not now, when?  We all have to push back HARD!! 

5 hours ago, twangster said:

I feel for you.  My sometimes cruise buddy is a teacher and these events hit too close to home every time.

Thank you. I always keep my classroom door open. Yesterday I closed and locked my door. Changes.

2 hours ago, Garnet21 said:

What's going on in our schools is a nightmare and we can't seem to wake from it.   Yesterday was another tragic day.  My prayers are with you and your school.  My prayer is for us to find solid ways to push back this tide of evil that is overtaking us.  We can't keep saying "this is not the time to talk about it."  If not now, when?  We all have to push back HARD!! 

Yes. We have to talk to our young people. 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:50 AM, Garnet21 said:

It is my firm belief that this stems from what's not taught at home....The value of one's life!  Not to mention all this Rap crap/Video games that places no value on life as well.  Respect is no longer taught at home. But hey...thats my opinion.

57 minutes ago, mworkman said:

It is my firm belief that this stems from what's not taught at home....The value of one's life!  Not to mention all this Rap crap/Video games that places no value on life as well.  Respect is no longer taught at home. But hey...thats my opinion.

I couldn't agree more ...... plus, it seems criminals are not afraid of prison any longer ..... 3 Hots & a Cot, Free Cable, Free Internet, Free College Education, Free Medical Care the list goes on and on.....  make prison a punishment, not a stay at a resort. - of course, this is just my opinion from the outside looking in .....

• 4 weeks later...

I sat here for 10 min deciding if I was going to reply but I figured 1. You all seem like really nice people and 2. it’s not CC so hopefully this will not be taking in a combative way but more an FYI... I have a close family member in jail (will not go into details and its complicated anyway) but it is definitely not a resort. He also developed medical issues while in there and the care is definitely just enough to keep him breathing at times. Also things like education really helps to prevent these people from being repeat offenders.  Totally can see how people who do not have insight would think differently as I did before this entered into my life. Also I know it differs greatly from state to state and the type of facility you are in. They are all definitely not resorts though. 

@Sweety my stepfather is a middle school teacher for 20 years and it scares my family every day. It’s APPAULING that we can’t keep our schools safe. They should be the safest places in our country. It’s not like every little girl and boy are dreaming of being teachers these days so it also scares me to think of what the profession will lead to in the future. Thoughts are with you and your family. 

2 hours ago, CruisinUngs said:

I sat here for 10 min deciding if I was going to reply but I figured 1. You all seem like really nice people and 2. it’s not CC so hopefully this will not be taking in a combative way but more an FYI... I have a close family member in jail (will not go into details and its complicated anyway) but it is definitely not a resort. He also developed medical issues while in there and the care is definitely just enough to keep him breathing at times. Also things like education really helps to prevent these people from being repeat offenders.  Totally can see how people who do not have insight would think differently as I did before this entered into my life. Also I know it differs greatly from state to state and the type of facility you are in. They are all definitely not resorts though. 

@Sweety my stepfather is a middle school teacher for 20 years and it scares my family every day. It’s APPAULING that we can’t keep our schools safe. They should be the safest places in our country. It’s not like every little girl and boy are dreaming of being teachers these days so it also scares me to think of what the profession will lead to in the future. Thoughts are with you and your family. 

Thank you for your kind words. The young lady had been accepted into college. One moment in time has changed her entire life. I have been teaching for over 25 years in one of the toughest high school in Chicago. One of my former student came up to the school  last week

On 5/22/2018 at 7:10 AM, coneyraven said:

I couldn't agree more ...... plus, it seems criminals are not afraid of prison any longer ..... 3 Hots & a Cot, Free Cable, Free Internet, Free College Education, Free Medical Care the list goes on and on.....  make prison a punishment, not a stay at a resort. - of course, this is just my opinion from the outside looking in .....

We have to show them how to dream.