Solo Dining in MDR

I saw this topic discussed once before but now I can’t find it.  I booked a solo cruise on Serenade in October for a steal!  I am signed up for the 530 dining in MDR but am wondering how they will handle this.  My preference would be to be seated with others but a solo table is fine as well.  Any idea what I can expect?

it has been a problem for me in the past I have asked for a single and often the maître d acts like it is quite a hardship one time I was seated at a table of 8 across from some man about 70 that never spoke a word just stared at me the whole meal if not with my family I will opt for windjammer most of the same foods are offered there and as a rule there hotter 

Windjammer is just not an option for me.  My love for the MDR is so strong that I’d put up with just about any sort of seating situation in the MDR.  Would love to hear about anyone else that has done this to see what seating configuration they encountered.

17 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

Windjammer is just not an option for me.  My love for the MDR is so strong that I’d put up with just about any sort of seating situation in the MDR.  Would love to hear about anyone else that has done this to see what seating configuration they encountered.

Paging @twangster and @mpoole3!

Both of them sail solo frequently or all the time, I'm sure they can give more info.

I cruise solo often but I am also a frequent business traveler and for years I've grown accustomed to eating alone on business trips. 

I tend to go with My Time dining in the MDR.  I've never asked to be placed at a shared table.  I am always seated at a table for two but by myself.  Generally speaking the two seat tables are pretty close to each other so it's easy to start a conversation with tables around me.  Sometimes those people are not into that, sometimes they are.  On Serenade I was given a bottle of wine for issue I had in Chops and I shared it with the couple at the table beside me in the MDR.

I generally look at the menu and decide if I want to go to the MDR that night or eat in the WJ.