Royal Genie & Luggage Tags

JBC1

Hi all, I am travelling on Ovation of the Seas on the 27/05/2018 in Star Class, really looking forward to it. When does the Genie make contact with you, as yet no email has bee received.

I have checked in, but there are no luggage labels to print, is this because I am Star Class, on all previous cruises I have always printed the luggage tags a few days before departure.

any replies would be most grateful.

Will give a report on my experiences on my return, only 12 more days to go, not as of I am counting!!!

Thank

John ??

3 hours ago, JBC1 said:

Hi all, I am travelling on Ovation of the Seas on the 27/05/2018 in Star Class, really looking forward to it. When does the Genie make contact with you, as yet no email has bee received.

I have checked in, but there are no luggage labels to print, is this because I am Star Class, on all previous cruises I have always printed the luggage tags a few days before departure.

any replies would be most grateful.

Will give a report on my experiences on my return, only 12 more days to go, not as of I am counting!!!

Thank

John ??

HI John, Lucky you! Never been in Star class yet, but I am looking forward to you review! @WAAAYTOOO was just recently in Star Class, perhaps she can reach out to you!

Have fun!

JBC1, I have not cruised in Star Class in Asia so I am not entirely sure that the processes are the same.  I can tell you what we do here in NA though.

Since your cruise is 5-27, I would expect your Genie to reach out to you any day now.  Did you receive the [utterly useless, IMO] questionnaire ?  I will say that for all of my Star Class cruises the Genie would have already reached out to us by now.  I'm sure it's just a difference between east and west.  If your Genie does not contact you by the end of this week, I strongly encourage you to contact the Suites Concierge on Ovation.  They should be able to put you in contact with your Genie.  Try OV_concierge01@rccl.com.  The email naming convention for genies is inconsistent or I would have you try that.  We had 2 different email styles for the same ship !  2 of our Genies on Harmony used HM_GOTLX@rccl.com and another was HM_Royal GenieX@rccl.com so I have no way of knowing which one they use on Ovation or if they use something completely different !

For us, here in NA, there are no more mailed luggage tags, even for Star Class.  You will need to print your own luggage tags by opening your cruise documents and going to the very end where the luggage tags are located.  You must print out as many luggage tags as you have, pieces of luggage.  While not entirely necessary, we always print out luggage tags even for our carry-on luggage.  Many people (including us) like the plastic sleeve that you can purchase from Amazon.  I'm sure someone will provide the link.

Have a wonderful cruise !  Please give us a review when you return.  I am very interested in hearing about Star Class on the Asian sailings.

edit...@waaaytooo and I must have submitted this at the same time lol

@WAAAYTOOO or @CGTLH definitely has the answer to this one.

I have not sailed SC yet either but from what I know, the luggage is handled differently for SC passengers.  A SC rep will meet you at the terminal and tag your bags for you and they are suppose to be taken directly to your room.  @WAAAYTOOO has a lot more detail about this.  She, as well as others, have mentioned that if you hand it to the wrong person, it will delay your luggage being brought to your room.  Not sure if the same set up applies to Ovation.

Also, I know from others that the you are right in the time frame for hearing from the Genie.  However, if you are anxious about it, as I would be, it has been suggested by many other to email the concierge on board Ovation and have them forward you email to your Genie.  That might move things along faster.  Here is the email for the concierge on Ovation:  OV_Concierge01@rccl.com

49 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

JBC1, I have not cruised in Star Class in Asia so I am not entirely sure that the processes are the same.  I can tell you what we do here in NA though.

Since your cruise is 5-27, I would expect your Genie to reach out to you any day now.  Did you receive the [utterly useless, IMO] questionnaire ?  I will say that for all of my Star Class cruises the Genie would have already reached out to us by now.  I'm sure it's just a difference between east and west.  If your Genie does not contact you by the end of this week, I strongly encourage you to contact the Suites Concierge on Ovation.  They should be able to put you in contact with your Genie.  Try OV_concierge01@rccl.com.  The email naming convention for genies is inconsistent or I would have you try that.  We had 2 different email styles for the same ship !  2 of our Genies on Harmony used HM_GOTLX@rccl.com and another was HM_Royal GenieX@rccl.com so I have no way of knowing which one they use on Ovation or if they use something completely different !

For us, here in NA, there are no more mailed luggage tags, even for Star Class.  You will need to print your own luggage tags by opening your cruise documents and going to the very end where the luggage tags are located.  You must print out as many luggage tags as you have, pieces of luggage.  While not entirely necessary, we always print out luggage tags even for our carry-on luggage.  Many people (including us) like the plastic sleeve that you can purchase from Amazon.  I'm sure someone will provide the link.

Have a wonderful cruise !  Please give us a review when you return.  I am very interested in hearing about Star Class on the Asian sailings.

Hi WaaaTooo, many thanks for the helpful feedback, I have just emailed concierge on Ovation, so will wait to hear back, it is now 10pm here. I did not receive the questionnaire you mentioned, but I am not missing out there by the sound of things. Will update once I hear back. cant wait to try the star class service.

Thanks, John   ??