Photography packages?

So, I'm cruising in March 2019 and have just booked for February 2020 - I've become a multiple cruise booking cruiser! ?

I'll be travelling solo, so I'm actually interested in the photography packages - the ex was a grumpy b@st*rd on our first cruise, and getting him to smile for even one photo was a trial. 

I on the other hand was super-excited and loving every minute so yes! Bring on the ship's photographers!

Just wondering if anyone had an idea of the general pricing for these packages, so I can factor that into the (multiple) budgets I've got going ? 

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~

Upcoming:

Explorer of the Seas, March 1 - March 9, 2018

Ovation of the Seas, February 2 - February 2020

Past:

Independence of the Seas, June 28 - July 5, 2015

9 hours ago, June May said:

So, I'm cruising in March 2019 and have just booked for February 2020 - I've become a multiple cruise booking cruiser! ?

I'll be travelling solo, so I'm actually interested in the photography packages - the ex was a grumpy b@st*rd on our first cruise, and getting him to smile for even one photo was a trial. 

I on the other hand was super-excited and loving every minute so yes! Bring on the ship's photographers!

Just wondering if anyone had an idea of the general pricing for these packages, so I can factor that into the (multiple) budgets I've got going ? 

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~

Upcoming:

Explorer of the Seas, March 1 - March 9, 2018

Ovation of the Seas, February 2 - February 2020

Past:

Independence of the Seas, June 28 - July 5, 2015

On our Alaska cruise this July on the Radiance, I just looked at the photo package pricing yesterday:  20 pictures $199 or All Photos $249

The photo packages may seem pricey but actually can be a great value.  Watch for specials on them.  Or have a camera  with you and have someone take your picture everyday.  That will give you extra options.  We do it every cruise.   More than once we have had ships photographers pictures taken only to find that none turned out.  That`s another story in itself.  Then again we have had some awesome pictures on our cruises as well from the ship photo shop.  

• 9 months later...

I was on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in January and purchased the digital photo package.  If you prepurchase it is $150.  I think It costs more to purchase once you are on the ship.

We had over 85 pictures taken so it was well worth the cost of us.    In the end, we purchased the printed copies as well since they turned out great and we would spend more than the extra $50 to have the ones we liked printed. 

One thing that is important is that you round up all the pictures they print for display in the gallery and make sure they had included all of them in your online account.    

If you are only interested in one or two pictures, I don't think it is worth the cost.  But if you are like us and wanted pictures for social media, blog, scrapbooking and other things, it is well worth the cost.   I wrote a post about it if you desire to read more.  Cruise Photo Packages - Are they worth the cost?

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Are photo packages only available for pre cruise purchases on certain ships? I'm on Liberty in September and the only things listed in the Internet and More section of the Cruise Planner are Voom, The Key, and arcade credits. 

I don't know.  I would think they would be available on all ships.  But you never know.  I'm taking another cruise next year and it is available on it as well.

5 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Are photo packages only available for pre cruise purchases on certain ships? I'm on Liberty in September and the only things listed in the Internet and More section of the Cruise Planner are Voom, The Key, and arcade credits. 

Its $199 on my April Freedom Cruise, $249 on my June Ovation Cruise but nothing listed for my November Jewel Cruise.

Makes me wonder if changes are coming this fall.

18 hours ago, Robin Smith said:

I cruised on Princess earlier this year and they had the photo option for all pictures there as well.  

On Allure last Oct the prices were too high for the options,  at least compared to other quality cruise lines. But this package might be the best one given that - but woe be the photographers if I get an unlimited package ? After all,  most years our holiday cards feature a portrait from a cruise ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 10:19 PM, mikebarr said:

Its $199 on my April Freedom Cruise, $249 on my June Ovation Cruise but nothing listed for my November Jewel Cruise.

Makes me wonder if changes are coming this fall.

I am on July Ovation cruise and have not seen any information on picture package's. As it is our 30th wedding cruise this was a package I have been looking for. Where do I see if this is available on my cruise? 

2 minutes ago, jon1nba said:

I am on July Ovation cruise and have not seen any information on picture package's. As it is our 30th wedding cruise this was a package I have been looking for.

Keep checking your cruise planner.  It will be under the Internet & More tab all the way at the very bottom once it is available.

We just cruised for the first time last week. We weren't planning on buying the pictures, so we didn't take advantage of as many of the photographers as we should have. We viewed the photos, and liked a lot of the ones we did take, so we ended up buying the full digital package for $249. We only had 53 photos, but when it was $199 for 20, it was a no-brainer to spend the 50 bucks extra for all of them. If we had known they would come out so well, we would have forced our camera-shy kids to stop for some more family shots. While we were looking at our photos, a guy came up and asked if we'd be interested in signing a waiver for the photos to be used for promotional materials because we have a "beautiful family". I asked if that meant we'd get a discount on our photos, and his response was laughter. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

2 hours ago, jon1nba said:

I am on July Ovation cruise and have not seen any information on picture package's. As it is our 30th wedding cruise this was a package I have been looking for. Where do I see if this is available on my cruise? 

I'm going on Ovation in late June. When I "mouse over" the Internet & More options, the photography packages do not show up. However if I click on it to open up the entire page, they are wayyyy down at the bottom.

• 5 months later...

I cruised on Explorer of the seas and pre purchased a photo package that was 15 prints for $199.... when i checked at one stage how many gorgeous photos I had with my daughter and how many others she had alone as well i just had to ask if i could change from prints to digital and they were happy to do so for an extra 50 USD so I did.... at the end i had 135 photos.. I'm going on Radiance of the Seas in January and can't see the photo package on the planner. Does anyone know if you can get it for that ship?

• 1 month later...

2 questions. Me and my daughter (age 10) in one room and my wife and son (age 10) (they are twins) in connecting room next door. From what I read I will be able to link my son to the photo package but my question is will it also link my wife since we are technically not in the same room but we are husband and wife each traveling in a separate but connecting room with our kids? Second question. When purchasing the Photo Package All Prints package, what size prints will I get? Will I physically get ALL prints or will I have to choose between those printed 4x6, 5x7, and or 8x10? 

1 hour ago, Pothole069 said:

2 questions. Me and my daughter (age 10) in one room and my wife and son (age 10) (they are twins) in connecting room next door. From what I read I will be able to link my son to the photo package but my question is will it also link my wife since we are technically not in the same room but we are husband and wife each traveling in a separate but connecting room with our kids? Second question. When purchasing the Photo Package All Prints package, what size prints will I get? Will I physically get ALL prints or will I have to choose between those printed 4x6, 5x7, and or 8x10? 

Okay so if you put the photo package on your wife's cabin, it will not include any photos of just alone.  You'll have to take pictures with at least one of the kids or your wife.  It doesn't link adults staying in another stateroom, but will include any photos of your kids regardless of the cabin they're staying in.  The photos can be in 2 sizes (not of your choosing) but all I've ever gotten were 8x10's.  If you purchased the all inclusive prints, then you are entitled to all prints containing members of the purchasing cabin.  If you purchased the all inclusive digital you'll get no prints but they can be printed in any size you want after you've downloaded them.

1 hour ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Okay so if you put the photo package on your wife's cabin, it will not include any photos of just alone.  You'll have to take pictures with at least one of the kids or your wife.  It doesn't link adults staying in another stateroom, but will include any photos of your kids regardless of the cabin they're staying in.  The photos can be in 2 sizes (not of your choosing) but all I've ever gotten were 8x10's.  If you purchased the all inclusive prints, then you are entitled to all prints containing members of the purchasing cabin.  If you purchased the all inclusive digital you'll get no prints but they can be printed in any size you want after you've downloaded them.

Perfect. We should be good then because we very rarely, if ever, get single photos done of the adults. Appreciate tour help. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving. 

On 11/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, jcackler said:

Do we have to do anything either ahead of time or when on board to get the package linked?  Now to figure out which adult is the lucky one that doesn't have to manage the photos ?

Nothing you can do beforehand.  Once you are onboard go to the Photo people and have them link your staterooms.  Too make it easier to manage, whenever you have photos taken, they will ask what stateroom; so just give the same stateroom number every-time.  

• 1 month later...

Another question....

Hopefully somebody can answer.

I've just logged into RC for upcoming cruise on Anthem of the Seas with my wife. Photography package is per person- not per stateroom. So if I just purchase for myself it will include all pictures of me taken with my wife but no pictures of my wife on her own? Is that correct? 

Am I correct in thinking the only reason I would need to purchase a second package for my wife would be for pictures of her on her own ...which is unlikely!!

4 hours ago, CruiseEire said:

Photography package is per person- not per stateroom.

If you read the package details it should state the package is for everyone in your stateroom. 

When you make any purchase in the cruise planner it has to attach to a single person on the reservation.  Doesn't matter which person you use in this case.  You will give your room number when the photos are taken.