crown and anchor - how do they calculate?

11 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

When you say "cruise tour", what does that mean? If Istay in a RCCL hotel before and after the cruise, is that considered a cruise tour? If so, I did not get credit for that>

Some cruises are offered with a land portion before or after the cruise.  Very common in Alaska.  A cruise tour may be four or five nights on land bundled with a cruise.  In that case you get C&A points for the land portion as well as the cruise.  

On 5/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, RaleighTrout said:

So after my 5 night cruise (first time on RCI), I will have 5 pts.  How many pts does it take to get some sort of a benefit?

It takes 30 points to get th platinum level before you can enjoy benefits. Click on one or both of the following links to view the benefits of each tier level: https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wpcontent/uploads/2018/12/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_JUNE-2018.pdf http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, RaleighTrout said:

do the points expire?

No the points do not expire

• 9 months later...
18 minutes ago, Brandy said:

I have 54 points it's 55 for emerald so does it go up after first night? Or do I have to wait till end of cruise yo be upgraded to emerald?

Welcome to the message boards!

Points post to your account 6-7 days after the cruise is over so you will be Emerald starting with your next cruise.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:52 PM, Hutcherl said:

We hit diamond after our cruise next month.  27 days to be exact.  Biggest benefit I see is the 3 drink coupon per night.  I’m a drink package person so not sure of the value for me.  Would love to be able to eliminate the drink package purchase.  Not sure with the restrictions of the coupons that I allow be able to eliminate it.  I’ll evaluate my consumption more closely during our up coming cruise.  

Plus when your Diamond you may also get drinks in the diamond lounge that do not count to the three drinks loaded on your sea pass. We go to the lounge and have a few then go to eat and use one or maybe 2 free drinks then use the others after supper. 

4 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Plus when your Diamond you may also get drinks in the diamond lounge that do not count to the three drinks loaded on your sea pass. We go to the lounge and have a few then go to eat and use one or maybe 2 free drinks then use the others after supper. 

Good point.  Never considered that.  To be honest,  I couldn’t even  tell you where any of the D lounges were on any of the ships we have been on but something to consider.  I will say that I still buy the drink package but really enjoy being able to gift drinks to friends that don’t.  

4 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

Good point.  Never considered that.  To be honest,  I couldn’t even  tell you where any of the D lounges were on any of the ships we have been on but something to consider.  I will say that I still buy the drink package but really enjoy being able to gift drinks to friends that don’t.  

I often go with a my hybrid drink package.  

I use my CAS BOGO beer or wine on boarding day, make it to happy hour then have some happy hour drinks.  

On subsequent days I buy a few drinks.  Some afternoon it's frozen drinks on sea days, beer in the afternoon then before you know it it's happy hour again.

Port days I'm often off the ship during the day so not much consumption but then it's happy hour again!

Finish a couple nights with a Scotch on a paid basis.  Repeat above.

I typically spend $20 per day averaged over the cruise on pay as you drinks.  Maybe one day it's $30 but the next day it's $10 (plus happy hour drinks).  

Over the course of the cruise it's like a hybrid drink package that costs $20 per day when you can augment your pay per drinks with happy hour drinks.  

The thing is I used to have this mindset that it's all in (drink package) or all out.  The DX isn't free so buying a few drinks isn't costing me money compared to buy the DX.  It's saving me money and I don't feel the need to have something just to have something because I have the DX.  

I get waters from the DL so my water fix is satisfied.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I use my CAS BOGO beer or wine on boarding day, make it to happy hour then have some happy hour drinks.  

On subsequent days I buy a few drinks.  Some afternoon it's frozen drinks on sea days, beer in the afternoon then before you know it it's happy hour again.

Port days I'm often off the ship during the day so not much consumption but then it's happy hour again!

I typically spend $20 per day averaged over the cruise on pay as you drinks.  Maybe one day it's $30 but the next day it's $10 (plus happy hour drinks).  

Over the course of the cruise it's like a hybrid drink package that costs $20 per day when you can augment your pay per drinks with happy hour drinks.  

The thing is I used to have this mindset that it's all in (drink package) or all out.  The DX isn't free so buying a few drinks isn't costing me money compared to buy the DX.  It's saving me money and I don't feel the need to have something just to have something because I have the DX.  

That was what we did on Oasis last month.  We also brought on two bottles of wine which we had a hard time finishing them.  The last sea day we forced ourselves to drink one of the two bottles over the course of the day.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Sounds like a real nice strategy to me.  One that I think I could follow 

So much great info posted in this thread, you guys are amazing.

What happens if you hit your Diamond point level during a cruise, do you get it on the next cruise like all of the other tiers?  Thought I heard someone tell me they were recognized when they hit the actual number and not on the next cruise.   But I am frequently misremembering things, lol!

2 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

What happens if you hit your Diamond point level during a cruise, do you get it on the next cruise like all of the other tiers?  Thought I heard someone tell me they were recognized when they hit the actual number and not on the next cruise.   But I am frequently misremembering things, lol!

Your status does not change until your next cruise.

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

The only C&A tier that they recognize on the cruise where you achieve it, is Pinnacle and even that one is not a guarantee.  All of the other tier levels are realized on the cruise following the one where you achieve it.

The calculations today are straightforward. I really wish they had  applied same to older cruises. I used to travel in suite when I was a married and with my daughter. They only awarded single points to all my old stuff...  Only a few points difference but enough to represent a level difference...  Not the end of the world but slows me from getting to my diamond goal  some. Oh well...

On 1/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, cruisinghawg said:

I just got off a 7 day Harmony cruise. In the MDR, after I showed my Diamond status the first night, my waiters were very diligent and forgiving on cocktails. I'd ask for my "happy hour" drink (between 4:30 and 8pm) and they would provide it. They never counted it against the freebies on my card. Around ship at the various bars I got mixed results. I would again ask for a 'Happy Hour" drink and sometimes waiters would deduct from my 3 drinks sometimes not. Between the wife and I, I don't think we used all 6 drinks a single evening.

The down side .... by the end of happy hour we were snookered and ready for bed ?

On 1/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, KathyC said:

That was what we did on Oasis last month.  We also brought on two bottles of wine which we had a hard time finishing them.  The last sea day we forced ourselves to drink one of the two bottles over the course of the day.

Wow...together my wife and I will drink a bottle of wine with dinner.

3 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Wow...together my wife and I will drink a bottle of wine with dinner.

Oh we can do that easily.  There was just so many other things we wanted to drink, and with the 3.5 hours of free Diamond drinks each evening...our evening wine got left in the room in favor of lemon drop martinis and whiskey.  LOL  We weren't interested in the wine in the mornings/early afternoon. That's fruity frozen drink time! 

On 1/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, deep1 said:

The calculations today are straightforward. I really wish they had  applied same to older cruises. I used to travel in suite when I was a married and with my daughter. They only awarded single points to all my old stuff...  Only a few points difference but enough to represent a level difference...  Not the end of the world but slows me from getting to my diamond goal  some. Oh well...

Cruises taken before the change in the program around 2013 were only 1 credit per cruise. At that point a calculation was made to translate your credits to points based on how far you were to the next level. My 4 cruises were translated to 27 points. Exactly 1 cruise needed to reach Platinum just as it was before the conversion. Should hit ? this year. Still years away from ?➕

On 1/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, RicDalek said:

Cruises taken before the change in the program around 2013 were only 1 credit per cruise. At that point a calculation was made to translate your credits to points based on how far you were to the next level. My 4 cruises were translated to 27 points. Exactly 1 cruise needed to reach Platinum just as it was before the conversion. Should hit ? this year. Still years away from ?➕

For me they gave me 14 points for two. One was 7 days and one was 8 but both in suites... Would have been 30 points just for those two... Really should have started my quest for diamond at Platinum... 

3 hours ago, deep1 said:

For me they gave me 14 points for two. One was 7 days and one was 8 but both in suites... Would have been 30 points just for those two... Really should have started my quest for diamond at Platinum... 

If I were you I would call Royal Caribbean and tell them that you went on a 7 day cruise and an 8 day cruise and stayed in a suite for both of the cruises and should have earned 30 points for both of the cruises, instead of 14 points for the same two cruises.And ask if they can adjust your points to 30 which should have been the correct amount of points that you have earned. 

Assuming that one of your cruises was 6Nights  and the other cruise was 7Nights and you stayed in a suite for both cruises you would have earned a total of 26 points. And if your first cruise was 7Nights and your second cruise was 8Nights and stayed in a suite you would have earned 30 points. 

For those that had points under the old system and are trying to figure out how they converted, here is the formula:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

I had 5 credits at the time so that translated into 38 new points.

At least that is what I was credited now.  Earlier they made a mistake (that I honestly didn't catch) that gave me diamond status for two cruises that I shouldn't have had.   By the time they corrected my points total I was legitimately at Diamond.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:40 AM, Bakerette said:

If I were you I would call Royal Caribbean and tell them that you went on a 7 day cruise and an 8 day cruise and stayed in a suite for both of the cruises and should have earned 30 points for both of the cruises, instead of 14 points for the same two cruises.And ask if they can adjust your points to 30 which should have been the correct amount of points that you have earned. 

Assuming that one of your cruises was 6Nights  and the other cruise was 7Nights and you stayed in a suite for both cruises you would have earned a total of 26 points. And if your first cruise was 7Nights and your second cruise was 8Nights and stayed in a suite you would have earned 30 points. 

I called a few years ago to ask about credits for a solo sailing adjustment, they said that they weren't retroactively changing everything to the new standard.