Flight after Debarkation in San Juan

Looking to book a flight out of San Juan for an upcoming Freedom cruise and the portions are either 11:45 AM or 7:15 PM. I'd really prefer the morning flight and was wondering if we'd have enough time to get to the airport if we did express walk-off option taking our luggage with us.  I have heard that security and check in at SJU can be really slow so that makes me a bit concerned. I can't find any Cruise Compasses posted for Freedom from San Juan so am not sure when debarkation occurs or if taking luggage off yourself is even an option as it is in Port Everglades. Any help is appreciated!

Yes you should be just fine. We did that 3 years ago. To save some time we did the walk off and grabbed a porter to take our bags and got thru customs fast and into a cab and off we went in no time.  Its worth the money for a porter as they get preferential treatment.  Otherwise a later flight and  no porter is needed.  Docking on time and getting cleared by customs is a crap shoot.

Going with a less stressful Plan B. 

Got a great rate of $119 at the Embassy Suites for a post cruise overnight stay. We can take our time getting off the ship, drop our luggage at Embassy, relax at the pool and/or spend the day enjoying San Juan. 

They switched our flights to 10:22 the following morning at no charge. 

Problem solved. 

Sounds great.    We stayed in San Juan pre cruise and asked where to go eat and had an excellent meal. Went and saw the fort also  . It  certainly beats all the stress of missing a flight as well as the hassle of connecting flights which are becoming a real nightmare.  

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Got a great rate of $119 at the Embassy Suites for a post cruise overnight stay. We can take our time getting off the ship, drop our luggage at Embassy, relax at the pool and/or spend the day enjoying San Juan. 

Problem solved. 

I LIKE your solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, Wilson said:

Problem solved. 

I bet you likely could have made it, but I wouldn't have wanted the stress either. Plus, you can take a leisurely pace to disembark.

I think a lot of people forget that the airport isn't all that efficient and that all passengers have to go through an agricultural inspection which slows the process.

You'll have a blast in San Juan - we stayed two nights pre-cruise in an AirBnB and had an amazing time. We're planning a trip back for our second anniversary on Freedom of the Seas to the ABC islands and we're already planning on flying in a day early to spend an evening in Old San Juan.

22 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

We're planning a trip back for our second anniversary on Freedom of the Seas to the ABC islands and we're already planning on flying in a day early to spend an evening in Old San Juan.

You've had too many cruises off an Oasis class ship now. The Stubborn Canadian Scorpio will be having some words with you. ?

I, on the other hand, wholeheartedly approve. ??

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

You've had too many cruises off an Oasis class ship now. The Stubborn Canadian will be having some words with you. ?

I, on the other hand, wholeheartedly approve. ??

Oh, there's not a huge chance that I not book an Oasis class ship again unless I am travelling with a large group (such as family or insiders), or have young children.

It was great for our two week honeymoon and we had an incredible time and I liked that we weren't in a rush to try everything and had more 'space' to move around, buuuuut for a regular vacation I really like being able to actually see the ocean.

#UnpopularOpinion

56 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

or have young children.

^^^^This will be the reason! 

Not just young children, but older kids, tweens, teens.  That is the beauty of Oasis class!  Something for everyone.  And you can still see the ocean (in certain areas lol)

But I even love Oasis class without my kids.  There is just so much that class offers that other classes don't.  BTW...I heard that certain Moran girls were bored on Freedom class ?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^^This will be the reason! 

Not just young children, but older kids, tweens, teens.  That is the beauty of Oasis class!  Something for everyone.  And you can still see the ocean (in certain areas lol)

But I even love Oasis class without my kids.  There is just so much that class offers that other classes don't.  BTW...I heard that certain Moran girls were bored on Freedom class ?

So true. I was looking at my cruise history and noticed that I only had 9 cruises before my son. Since his birth we've doubled that number and he'll be on his 19th cruise next month. Having a child is what really made us fall in love with cruising simply because it is so convenient with children.

Just now, DocLC said:

So true. I was looking at my cruise history and noticed that I only had 9 cruises before my son. Since his birth we've doubled that number and he'll be on his 19th cruise next month. Having a child is what really made us fall in love with cruising simply because it is so convenient with children.

This is way off topic but I'm going to share this anyway....while tossing summer vacation ideas around lately we asked the kids what they wanted to do.  We've done Disney the last two summers so that was off the table (waiting for Star Wars land to open before returning).  Thought about going to New York or Chicago for a land vacation ?.  We basically asked the kids what they wanted.  First question, "Is there going to be a lot of walking in NYC and Chicago?".  Yes.  Next comment from the kids, "Ummm....Why can't we just go on another cruise?" ?Wonder where they get these ideas from??

I have always said and still believe (so far) that cruising is the best value vacation.  Especially for a family.

38 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is way off topic but I'm going to share this anyway....while tossing summer vacation ideas around lately we asked the kids what they wanted to do.  We've done Disney the last two summers so that was off the table (waiting for Star Wars land to open before returning).  Thought about going to New York or Chicago for a land vacation ?.  We basically asked the kids what they wanted.  First question, "Is there going to be a lot of walking in NYC and Chicago?".  Yes.  Next comment from the kids, "Ummm....Why can't we just go on another cruise?" ?Wonder where they get these ideas from??

I have always said and still believe (so far) that cruising is the best value vacation.  Especially for a family.

Has hubby clued into the concept that you've been surreptitiously planting subliminal thoughts into your kids for months now?

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Has hubby clued into the concept that you've been surreptitiously planting subliminal thoughts into your kids for months now?

Yup!  But the damage is done lol....I have raised cruise fanatics.  When your dinner conversation last night is about how you move to Pinnacle status and your youngest is leading the discussion because she watches @Matt's scopes with you, there is no turning back from that.

4 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

Looks like I have a few more non-Oasis class years then! ?

Enjoy them!  Seriously.