Late departure on The Freedom OTS

I also asked this elsewhere but wanted to add it here: 

We are sailing on Freedom Of the Seas in June out of Puerto Rico. The documents state that departure is at 8:30PM, What do they do about dinner that evening with this late departure? Do you go to the dining room or are you stuck with the Windjammer? I don't like change so this makes me a little nervous!! Thanks for any info. 

@twangster and @mpoole3 both just took a sailing out of San Juan on adventure that had a late departure as well. One of them should be able to answer, I’m sure it’s the same for any ship leaving late.

My assumption would be that the MDR is still serving dinner, but will let one of them or another with experience confirm.

MDR worked normally on Adventure last week in San Juan.  I had a 6PM My Time reservation and it worked the same as any other night.

Muster was around 4pm I think.  It was a bit strange not sailing away right after muster but worked out well.  A second muster was held before sailing for late arriving passengers who missed the 4pm muster.   

The 8:30 departure out of San Juan is fantastic.  As mentioned, the muster drill is a 4 or 4:15.  You can do a 6 or 6:30 dinner and still be on deck or your own balcony for the 8:30 departure.  It's best to be somewhere on the starboard side of the ship.  There is a great view of El Morro as you leave the harbor.  It's so close you feel like you could reach out to touch it.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:18 PM, RCVoyager said:

The 8:30 departure out of San Juan is fantastic.

Mind if I ask when you got on board? We have the same departure in January and were wondering if anyone hops off after an early check -in and boarding to do any exploring in San Juan before muster and/or departure.

18 minutes ago, SPS said:

Mind if I ask when you got on board? We have the same departure in January and were wondering if anyone hops off after an early check -in and boarding to do any exploring in San Juan before muster and/or departure.

I believe this was discussed in this thread:

We did the late departure on Adventure in February. We had a traditional early seating time in the MDR and with the exception of it being maybe 30 minutes later/earlier than the following days on the cruise, it worked just the same. 

We were on board by around 11 AM. While we didn't try and leave the ship and explore San Juan, we did come in two days early to have time to explore prior to embarkation day.  I definitely recommend this method - stay in Old San Juan if you can! Also, check AirBnB as a lodging option. 

I've never done this in San Juan, but I've done it in Aruba, (Aruba typically has a late departure), it's pretty cool to get off and take pictures of the ship when she has all of her lights on.

Every other picture I have is during the day, for obvious reasons...