Children's Onboard Expense

Anyone out there have experience travelling with children on a separate reservation?  Here's the situation.

There are six of us going on the Oasis on 24 June.  My sister-in-law and her 2 kids are joining us (me, my wife and adult daughter) and we are in the 2 BR aquatheater.  There are, of course, two reservations for the room, one with the 4 adults and one with the 2 children.  I've gotten the onboard expense accounts set up for the four adults but no matter how I try, I can't get it to let me connect the 2 children's expense accounts to mine.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I set up all four adults. All three columns (Guest Information, Onboard Expense Account, Cruise Ticket Contract) now say completed.

2. I set up the children's reservations and all three columns are also completed.  I chose None for the expense account, which appears to be correct, at least as I read the instructions.  Neither of the other two options, Credit Card and Cash, seem correct and/or want more information than should be on the children's account.  I've also tried the Cash option and still get the same results I outline below.  I haven't tried inputting my credit card onto the kid's reservation, as it tries to associate it with the children's name (as if it was their card). 

3. In the adult reservation I successfully linked the children's reservation.  I know this was successful because they show up in the SetSail Pass now.

4. When I use the "Add and pay for guests in another reservation" link, it successfully pulls the two kids in, but does not give me a check box to actually put them on my account: Screen shot below (I didn't include the names for obvious reasons).  You can see the lower two boxes under Guest have no boxes to check.

image.png.ac8bbe7a0c6794646cc69a4371d392f0.png

I really wasn't concerned with this until I printed the SetSail and noticed that the kids are not listed under my credit card, I'm assuming because they are marked as None for the expense account.  They are listed on it for boarding, though. 

Anyone else experience this?  I'm not overly concerned, but since the oldest is 13, I wanted him to have a little responsibility and have a limit that he could spend.  And to be fair, give a limit for the younger child, too.  This is their first cruise and my first with younger children joining me.

Any advice?  Should I ask the Genie to correct this as we get closer?

Thanks, in advance!

We're sailing on Harmony in a few weeks and added a minor from another reservation as you describe in #4 of your post. Where it says "Would you like to add and pay for other guests in your reservation?" we entered the last name & reservation # and they popped up with check mark boxes next to their name and on their SetSail Passes it shows our charge account. No problem. So it sounds like you're doing it right.

The reason I'm replying is because I had a problem with accepting the terms of credit card payment. I could not check the box. I finally had to call and after some troubleshooting they had me clear cookies. It was then resolved. So, if other suggestions on here don't work you may want to call or try clearing cookies.

With my kids (both minors) what you described above happens to me too.  In fact, on the set sail pass, there's an "x" marked (can't remember the exact wording) because I don't assign charging privileges to them. They should still be good to board.  My plan for the next cruise is just to wait until I get on board and then I'll tell the Genie how much I want to assign to each child's account.  I'm pretty sure that would not be too difficult for them. I have heard of others who wait to get on board and then they head to guest services to add a spending amount to each child.  If guests services can do this then I'm sure the Genie could too.

5 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

5 years ago, on Explorer, we set up a cash account at Guest services for my daughter after boarding -- allowed her to spend up to an agreed upon amount on board.

Excellent, Mary, thank you.  I didn't think about doing it this way (d'oh).  That may actually be the best way to go (and it means I set things up correctly, already!!  Bonus!).  

17 hours ago, ADK said:

I finally had to call and after some troubleshooting they had me clear cookies

ADK, I didn't think about doing this originally, but when I went back and tried it this morning, I got the same result as before.  I had high hopes, given the number of times I've that come up as a good solution for accessing RCI's website.  Oh, well.

Thanks, everyone!  

2 hours ago, mathbees said:

ADK, I didn't think about doing this originally, but when I went back and tried it this morning, I got the same result as before.  I had high hopes, given the number of times I've that come up as a good solution for accessing RCI's website.  Oh, well.

Well, I decided to change our children's expense account to Mary's suggestion and when I did there were all kinds of glitches. The clearing Cookies didn't work. I tried later and magically it worked for one reservation# but not for another. I was told to download and try Firefox, I did and it took care of one issue but not another. At least I can now print a SetSail Pass but will have resolve the other issue at embarkation.