Dining Times on Allure

What are the assigned dining times on Allure?  We currently are traveling with 2 other couples, possibly one more joining us,  making us a party of 6 or 8.  We currently have Anytime Dining but thinking it may be better to get everyone to agree to a assigned dining time and have our TA link us.

We will be on Allure in November 2019

Thoughts?

5:30 and 7:30 for the traditional "assigned" dining. We ( a group of six) were on the Allure two years ago and had My Time Dining (Anytime) and it was a complete disaster. We would sign up for 6:30 dining and had to wait 15 to 30 minutes before a table for the group was available in one of the three dining rooms. I recommend the traditional dining for your group.:27_sunglasses:

I've found traditional dining works MUCH better with coordinating large groups - we had a group of 12 all cruise together this past February, and the traditional dining time gave us the advantage of: 

1) Avoiding the big 'what time do we all want to meet' debate
2) Gave us a set time each day to meet back up for dinner
3) Allowed us the advantage of a dedicated wait staff that would remember the preferences of everyone in our group

7 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

I've found traditional dining works MUCH better with coordinating large groups - we had a group of 12 all cruise together this past February, and the traditional dining time gave us the advantage of: 

1) Avoiding the big 'what time do we all want to meet' debate
2) Gave us a set time each day to meet back up for dinner
3) Allowed us the advantage of a dedicated wait staff that would remember the preferences of everyone in our group

Great point.  The larger the group, the better traditional dining works.

Just now, Matt said:

Great point.  The larger the group, the better traditional dining works.

Agreed - if it's just my husband and I, we are perfectly happy in anytime dining or just doing all specialty or even just the Windjammer. We aren't huge fans of formal nights.

We had a large group on our recent sailing on Freedom and selected My Time Dining. We made reservations every night and were seated promptly.  There was an employee that goes through the line and asks if there are any parties of 4+ and were able to bypass the large line.  We also had the same waitstaff for the entire sailing.

To answer your question, no, the wait time should not be bad for 2, but if I were you I would still go to the Cruise Planner and make a time reservation for MTD, I know it goes against the whole principle, but it is something to fall back on if needed.

6 hours ago, QuiqueCorleone said:

My wife and I are going to Liberty on 9/30 out of Galveston, we would like to try My Time Dining hoping we can just get to the Main Dining room when we feel like it, and wait a couple of minutes ... has anybody experience long waiting times for a table for 2?

Think of MTD without reservations like going to an Applebees or Outback restaurant in your home town.  If you go at peak dinner hour, chances are you will have a wait.  If you go off-peak, chances are you will be seated quickly.  Like a land restaurant, the My Time MDR  isn't big enough to hold everyone showing up all at once.  I always use My Time and I make reservations before sailing.  Most of the time I stick to them but if there is a pretty sunset or a show or I'm just into what ever I'm doing, sometimes I miss my reservation.