Barcelona Hotel

We are sailing on Symphony in September out of Barcelona.  (Sorry - if you see any of my replies, I think I say that in every one of them.  I'm only a teensy bit excited. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)  I booked our flights today.  We get into Barcelona around 9 a.m. the day before the ship sails, so we will need a hotel.  Anyone have any recommendations?

I booked through Royal, I was booking a pre and post cruise hotel with pier transfer, I stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, about a 10-15 minuet taxi ride to the port area and Las Ramblas, very nice hotel, clean and well appointed. There was a mall across the street that had a super grocery store (IE super Walmart or Target), and several restaurants that we ate at. Probably about a 5 minute walk to a public beach.

If you want to be in the center of things Royal has several hotels they recommend around Las Ramblas, Las Ramblas basically starts at the water front where the pier is.

This Sea food restaurant was exceptional, it was down by the water front. Their Paella was the best I've ever had.

DSC02109.JPG

On 5/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Stephanie said:

We are sailing on Symphony in September out of Barcelona.  (Sorry - if you see any of my replies, I think I say that in every one of them.  I'm only a teensy bit excited. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)  I booked our flights today.  We get into Barcelona around 9 a.m. the day before the ship sails, so we will need a hotel.  Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm way excited too (sailing out of Barcelona on vision in July 2019) so I get it lol!  Im following this closely...we will be going in 2-3 days ahead ane's are trying to figure out location (Las ramblas oor by the familia church) and whether to do hotel or air bnb.  Have a great trip!  Jane

On 5/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, [email protected] said:

Have stayed at the Jazz, and will be there again for the 3rd time next month before my cruise.

Where is this located?   

On 5/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not fortunate enough to head to Barcelona anytime soon but I were, I would stay at the W Barcelona for sure.  Close to the port.  Watch the ship come in.

We stayed at the w in fort laud after our last cruise... it was wonderful but really expensive.   Since we will be in 2-3 days ahead... I'm wondering... is the port area too far out to really tour the city well or is it close enough to public transportation?   Jane

17 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Where is this located?   

We stayed at the w in fort laud after our last cruise... it was wonderful but really expensive.   Since we will be in 2-3 days ahead... I'm wondering... is the port area too far out to really tour the city well or is it close enough to public transportation?   Jane

It has been a while since I've been to Barcelona, but IIRC, it was a bit further out.  I like the W in Barcelona because it's close to the port.

We stayed at Hotel 1898  on Las Ramblas when we were there 2 years ago before and after our cruise.   It is best described as excellent and will stay there when we go back.  The service, staff,  hotel all were  excellent.   All of their recommendations were fabulous i.e. shopping, dining and sightseeing and oh yes a dentist.  I had a crown fall out on the flight over . Glad we got in a day before as we always do and they recommended a dentist who re cemented the crown back in  on a 3 hour notice.  We love Barcelona as I am sure you will also.  We took a taxi and it was a 10 minute ride to the pier.  The hotel is a bit  pricey but worth it for the convenience.  If anything stay in the Las Ramblas area.  We also did a local tour that we saw on Cruise critic.  It  was wonderful and the guide was extremely knowledgeable and passionate.   Enjoy Barcelona and the cruise. 

We stayed at Novotel Barcelona City near the Agbar Tower (water department) and across the street from Glories Mall.  A street car line was near the hotel while the subway was also close.  Taxi/Uber were reasonable and available out front to take us to Las Rambles, Familia and port.  Prices start around $150, we paid $220 for two adults and two kids.  Breakfast was buffet style and wonderful.  Plenty to choose from and all good.  Didn't try pool as it was cool (60's) and didn't have much time.  They stored our bags when we went out to visit the city after checking out, but before getting on the ship.  Restaurants all around (in mall and streets) along with a group of bars a couple of blocks (las vegas type) to the east.  

One other hotel which is a fairly good balance of port and city centre/Las Ramblas is the Hotel Arts. 

Its down on the water front, very close to the marina and port entrance, has a fab swimming pool.

At the medium to high end of pricing but fantastic equipment, rooms and views.

Hope this helps.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:52 PM, Stephanie said:

Most of the hotels in Barcelona are at most 20 Minutes from the port , most of them which are the city will be around 10 to 15 minutes, 

Last time we stayed at 4 points Diagonal (which is on the 22 neighborhood) which was very well and 10 minutes from the port , after the cruise we too the Crown plaza which was also quite close to the port.

If you are planning on last minute purchase (like wine) just have a look on google map near your hotel if there is a supermarket around.

One important thing , on some of the hotels site they will show you hotels which are in Barcelona area but are actually are in near by towns , just check the distance from the city center. 

also , usually rooms are smaller than the average room size in the US.