Radiance of the Seas Balcony Question

We have an oceanview balcony on deck 7 and our friends are right next door.  Do you know if the balcony partition can be opened up between us?  I assumed you could; however, I just read something that said 10 years ago you couldn't.  I know that she as been refurbished since that time.  I truly hope so...

The forward or aft extended balconies on deck 7 do not appear to be capable of opening.  Unsure about balconies in between in the mid ship section.  Here is a photo from Serenade of an extended deck 7 balcony.   

Serenade Day 1-16.jpg

I looked at while on board to see if they could be opened and I couldn't see how they would be.  

14 hours ago, Matt said:

The ability to open the dividers is dependent on the ship class (primarily).  The balcony dividers cannot be opened on Radiance class ships.

I guess you could say that I am extremely disappointed; however, it's not the end of the world.  I know that we will be out there often (our friend is claustrophobic) so we will just have to make the best out of the situation.

42 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I know that we will be out there often (our friend is claustrophobic) so we will just have to make the best out of the situation.

Has your friend been on a cruise before? This may not help you at all but I'm claustrophobic - packed elevators freak me out, I can't watch movies or shows with people being buried alive (I watch movies and tv for a living, you have no idea how much this comes up), I won't do an escape room, so many things to list - Saying all of that - beyond some elevator issues I've never had an issue on a cruise. Everyone's different so I get this may not be helpful...

41 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Has your friend been on a cruise before? This may not help you at all but I'm claustrophobic - packed elevators freak me out, I can't watch movies or shows with people being buried alive (I watch movies and tv for a living, you have no idea how much this comes up), I won't do an escape room, so many things to list - Saying all of that - beyond some elevator issues I've never had an issue on a cruise. Everyone's different so I get this may not be helpful...

He will take the stairs often I'm sure; however, he will ride the elevator he needed.  At least the glass ones will let he see out.