Coming back to Sail RC

Hi Matt and all, 

I was a member here way back in the beginning days (can't even remember my user name from then haha) but haven't been on a RC cruise is about three years (dis DCL and just did MSC) so have lost touch with all things RC and boy have things changed .... :)

We will be traveling aboard Allure in November 2019 and many questions are popping up.  A few starter questions if you do not mind

We booked under the WOW sale and received a OBC, basic soda package, Johnny Rocket's and Rock climbing.

My 1st question is the drink package, if we decide to buy the deluxe drink package do we get a discount since we would be upgrading the package?

I see there is a Starbucks on Allure, can you use Starbuck Gift Cards there? While I don't drink coffee, those traveling with us do and I think that woudl be a
fun item in their welcome aboard bag I am putting together.

Is there anywhere I can go to look at the prices of internet, specialty dining, laundry packages, basically everything/anything extra the ship charges for? I looked at the cruise planner and nothing is available to look at and I am trying to develop our savings budget above and beyond the cruise itself.  When generally do things appear in your planner?

Is there a way to be notified of Cruise Planner sales when they are available?

Are the walls in the Allure cabins all metal like other ships? It looks like storage is a premium and so I would bring my show hanger with heavy duty magnets if so.

If you see a Cruise Planner sale item you want to take advataqge of, do you pay in full at that time or does it get added to cost of cruise (if not paid in full)?

Is there anywhere here on the site where I might see alchohol drink prices and what beers the ship has and costs? This would really help us decide what to do.

Years ago you could buy Royal Caribbean gift cards and then apply those to your onboard account when you got on ship? Can you still do this?  What about

I am sure I will have many more questions.  Appreciate the assistance!

5 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

My 1st question is the drink package, if we decide to buy the deluxe drink package do we get a discount since we would be upgrading the package?

Nope. The soda package is not upgradeable because you got it for free.

6 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

I see there is a Starbucks on Allure, can you use Starbuck Gift Cards there? While I don't drink coffee, those traveling with us do and I think that woudl be a
fun item in their welcome aboard bag I am putting together

You can use gift cards, earn stars but cannot redeem free drinks.

6 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

Is there anywhere I can go to look at the prices of internet, specialty dining, laundry packages, basically everything/anything extra the ship charges for? I looked at the cruise planner and nothing is available to look at and I am trying to develop our savings budget above and beyond the cruise itself.  When generally do things appear in your planner?

It's really Cruise Planner or bust.  You certainly can see what others pay based on posts here.  

The "general" price of the Deluxe Beverage package is $55/night per person, but on Cruise Planner these days it can range between $42-50.

Voom prices are here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/02/07/guide-royal-caribbean-voom-wifi-internet-prices-and-tips

Specialty dining package prices are pretty standard across the fleet: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/dining-package

8 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

Is there a way to be notified of Cruise Planner sales when they are available?

I post it on the blog as soon as I'm aware of one.  I like to think I have something posted on first day of every Cruise Planner sale (Yes, that's a very self-serving answer)

9 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

If you see a Cruise Planner sale item you want to take advataqge of, do you pay in full at that time or does it get added to cost of cruise (if not paid in full)?

Paid in full at time of booking in Cruise Planner

10 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

Is there anywhere here on the site where I might see alchohol drink prices and what beers the ship has and costs? This would really help us decide what to do.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

10 minutes ago, Kelly-M-R said:

Years ago you could buy Royal Caribbean gift cards and then apply those to your onboard account when you got on ship? Can you still do this?

You can, but I recommend just taking the cash and going to deposit it at Guest Services on day one.

The site for the gift certificates is here: https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/  Be forewarned, there are terms and conditions to how and when you redeem them, which is why I think you're better off just bringing cash and depositing it.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

The "general" price of the Deluxe Beverage package is $55/night per person, but on Cruise Planner these days it can range between $42-50.

I'm quoting this to say, Royal now has an all adult in a stateroom must buy the deluxe package if one person buys it policy, there are exceptions due to health, religious etc., but you have to call Royal to get the exception.

2 hours ago, Kelly-M-R said:

Are the walls in the Allure cabins all metal like other ships? It looks like storage is a premium and so I would bring my show hanger with heavy duty magnets if so.

Didn't see this answered, Yes they are all metal, I take a set of 5-10 heavy duty hook magnets even if I'm in a Junior Suite with a walk in closet.

18 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Didn't see this answered, Yes they are all metal, I take a set of 5-10 heavy duty hook magnets even if I'm in a Junior Suite with a walk in closet.

Thanks so much.  We just did the same thing on MSC Seaside last week and it made all the difference in the world.

I think everything has been answered but I would like to add that cruise planner purchases, like a drink package, can be canceled and re-purchased if there is a sale that is cheaper than what you paid. We paid for the deluxe drink package for our sept 9 Oasis cruise and on black friday the price dropped from 55 per person per day to 43 so we canceled and re-purchased. It took a few days to get reimbursed on our debit card but it was a 200 dollar savings. We also repriced the cruise booking itself on black friday and saved over 300 dollars. We wait until final payment day to pay off the cruise so if its ever cheaper they just take the difference off the amount owed. I think if you have paid it off then there is nothing they can do. (We book without the refundable deposit).