Cruise planner discounts

There is a cruise planner promotion going on.  Is there a banner or something that should appear that indicates if my sailing has a discount?  I didn’t note prices previously so I can’t really tell if there is a discount.  I’m booked on Adventure in August and Serenade in October and the Delux Package seems to be $45 for Adventure and $42 for Serenade.

No banner for me, but I got an email notifying me it was taking place. Matt also posted about it in the main blog feed. Only thing I'm seeing truly lower prices on is the drink packages -- $42 pp pd for the Deluxe Package, and $18 pp pd for the Refreshment Package, which is really good. As for the other categories:

• Dining is unchanged from when I last checked a few days ago
  • Internet Package prices are also unchanged, with $15 per night for one device and $28.49 for two
  • Interestingly, the Deluxe Beverage + 1 Device VOOM package is actually more per day for the device portion after factoring in the current reduced price on the Deluxe Package by itself.
    • Before the sale, the price was $56 per night ($45 for drinks, $11 for one device; 27% savings vs. buying 1-device VOOM directly)
    • With the sale, the price is $54.50 per day ($42 per night for drinks, $12.50 per night for one device, only a 17% savings vs. buying VOOM directly)
    • So yes, the final price on this combined package is a smidge lower than pre-sale, but it's not as good of a deal all around since you're saving less on the VOOM part
  • Excursions... Well, they're supposedly part of the sale, but like the OP I wasn't tracking prices on those as much; mostly because we weren't really planning to buy any. That said, we've since changed our minds, mainly on the advice of @coneyraven, who strongly recommended taking a sponsored excursion to Crystal Caves since we wanted to go there on day 2 in Bermuda. So we'll see what we find and figure out if it's a good price, and if not we'll wait for another sale.

I checked it for our November Indy cruise and was able to save on our Voom package.  I had been waiting because I originally only booked 1 device but decided we wanted 2.  Originally it was $14.40/day for a single and I rebooked for $24/day for two devices.  So a decent savings.

I called in last night to see if I could get a lower price on the combo deal that we had already purchased ...... In the end, it added up to be a $4 drop per person ..... The fact that you have to wait 3-5 Days for a refund of the package ..... the, re-purchase it ..... in my opinion, it wasn't worth the hassle to save $8 so we stuck with things "as is"

12 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Interestingly, the Deluxe Beverage + 1 Device VOOM package is actually more per day for the device portion after factoring in the current reduced price on the Deluxe Package by itself.

I noticed the same exact thing. I'm glad I purchased way back.

I bought the Deluxe Package on Black Friday and bought the internet package during another sale but if I bought today I'd be spending more. Never saw it as low as Black Friday.

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

I called in last night to see if I could get a lower price on the combo deal that we had already purchased ...... In the end, it added up to be a $4 drop per person ..... The fact that you have to wait 3-5 Days for a refund of the package ..... the, re-purchase it ..... in my opinion, it wasn't worth the hassle to save $8 so we stuck with things "as is"

$8 is $8.  Depending on your credit card statement, the refund and charge may hit before the end of the statement and then there's no real difference.

So having said at the end of my live blog that I wasn't going to buy the Deluxe Package on my upcoming Anthem sailing to Bermuda... I just went and bought it! For the most unexpected of reasons...

My wife told me to go ahead and do it! Her words to me were, "It's our anniversary cruise, go ahead and live it up a little!" I think she's looking forward to this "just the two of us" getaway cruise even more than I am! ?

I'm still planning to bring my two bottles of wine to have with dinner, though that might yet change; but between morning OJ and cappuccinos, sail-away margaritas, boarding day lava flows, and the fact that Bermuda apparently closes down around 5 PM every day, I think I'll be able to break even. And with $125 of OBC, even after getting a dinner at Wonderland there will be enough to let me get some "premium" reds at Vintages.

And as with the last time, I bought the Refreshment Package for my wife by calling Royal to purchase directly. No fuss from the rep I spoke with, just told her the reason my wife couldn't drink alcohol and the purchase was made! At $18 per night it's a no-brainer, I never see it lower than that.

I keep checking for sales but it's not an option for us yet as our cruise isn't until January 2019. This is our first cruise and we didn't choose it as we were invited for my friends wedding, but are still pretty pumped. Her wedding is going to be on our first Sea Day, January 14. Well, we are getting the Deluxe Beverage Package because January 2019 will also be our 16th wedding anniversary and we are sailing kid free. We never had a honeymoon and we never do anything for just the two us. We both can drink some drinks too. I believe I found a drink calculator somewhere within this site and we both came out to just over $100 per day. I am really hoping I can catch a sale that will apply to our cruise around Black Friday. I check the Cruise Planner daily. 

10 hours ago, heathercebs said:

I am really hoping I can catch a sale that will apply to our cruise around Black Friday. I check the Cruise Planner daily. 

Don't worry, there will be a sale eventually that includes your sailing. In fact, there will be a few when it's all said and done.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:54 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There is not always a banner.  When I'm on my laptop, using Chrome, no banner shows up.  When I'm on my iphone or ipad, a banner shows up.  Like all wonky RC stuff, I don't give it much thought.

How are you accessing on your Ipad?  I created a shortcut to the page and saved it to my iPad desktop but wondering if there is an easier way?

I see you are headed to Seaside in a few weeks.  We just got off her, also Eastern two weeks ago.  great ship, enjoy!

Just now, Kelly-M-R said:

How are you accessing on your Ipad?  I created a shortcut to the page and saved it to my iPad desktop but wondering if there is an easier way?

I see you are headed to Seaside in a few weeks.  We just got off her, also Eastern two weeks ago.  great ship, enjoy!

On my ipad I use Google Chrome and just log in through the Royal website. Nothing fancy.

We are looking forward to the Seaside.  It's a bit of an experiment.  We got a great deal on it.