Harmony - magnetic hooks, mini-fridges, doctors and more

ADK

Are the walls of the stateroom/bathroom metal so I can use magnetic hooks? 

Is there a mini-fridge in the staterooms? Travel agent says no (only in suites) but a YouTube video of our kind of room appears to show one. If yes, are they large enough for a wine bottle?

Can you make a reservation for putt putt? (Asking for another in our group who is the ultimate planner.)

We have someone in the group who’s been back and forth with bronchitis & sinus infections lately. Nothing life threatening but they’re wondering about the ship’s physician and whether you can get antibiotics, steroids, etc. Any insight into services provided?

Thank you to all here. I've gotten such great advice!

Walls magnetic? Yes

Mini-fridge? Yesish, not really that cold.

Hold a wine bottle? Going to say no.

Reservations for mini golf? No

Doctor and getting meds? Will leave that to someone else for better info. Would say yes, but will need to be seen (pay a fee) and they would provide what they have off hand (cost for the meds and might be limited variety/types)

My concern with the person who has been dealing with illness is that everyone has to fill out and sign a questionnaire that asks about recent illness.  If you are ill and sign this document stating that you are not sick, then try and see the ships doctor for an ongoing illness, there could be ramifications.  Now, I fully understand that the ship is screening for communicable types of illnesses, not sinus infections but I don’t think I would chance it.  If someone is sick now, I would recommend that they see a physician NOW and get medicine to try and knock it out before boarding.  If for no other reason, seeing the ships doctor is very pricey and seeing a doctor beforehand would certainly be less expensive than seeing one on board.

1 hour ago, ADK said:

We have someone in the group who’s been back and forth with bronchitis & sinus infections lately. Nothing life threatening but they’re wondering about the ship’s physician and whether you can get antibiotics, steroids, etc. Any insight into services provided?

I recommend they get all their medications stocked up prior to boarding the ship.  Keep in mind since the traveler experienced symptoms prior to the trip, medical treatment on the ship may not be covered by their medical insurance provider.  The traveler should contact their insurance company to confirm what will not be covered.

I have asthma and I can go into bronchitis easily so my doctor will usually give me Rx before I leave if I am experiencing symptoms.  I take several different OTC meds also just in case (Tylenol, sinus, tummy, Bonine, and etc) so that I won't have to buy it on the ship.  I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. 

3 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I have asthma and I can go into bronchitis easily so my doctor will usually give me Rx before I leave if I am experiencing symptoms.  I take several different OTC meds also just in case (Tylenol, sinus, tummy, Bonine, and etc) so that I won't have to buy it on the ship.  I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. 

Similarly, this person has nasal structural issues as well as asthma. She's fine now but IF she catches a cold or allergies while on board it may turn to sinus infection and bronchitis easily. Her doctor won't give antibiotics or steroids when she's not symptomatic so she can't get them before her trip.

But thank you to all for the insight. When people are going to Playa Del Carmen I say to readily visit the doctors in the Farmacias for such illnesses (inexpensive and I've found the doctors are good) and wondered if it was similar on the cruise ship. I guess not!

1 hour ago, ADK said:

Stocked with for purchase mini bar items? Will you be charged if you remove them to put your own stuff in it?

Royal has stopped stocking the fridges beforehand b/c there were so many erroneous charges for fridge items.  The fridge SHOULD be empty when you get there.  If you want anything for the fridge, you can order it once onboard for a fee.