Location of ship - need help

Hi everyone. I need some help. I've been on one cruise in my life and it was carnival and a very small ship. I was sea sick the entire time :(

The staff at RCL told me this ship is sooo big I won't feel any movement.

I just booked two days ago and the rep did a bait and switch. She told me she booked me mid ship but come to find out im in the front. I just spent an hour and half on the phone with them, but they have nothing to switch me to.

How bad is Harmony of the Seas being in the front??? Sail date is May 2019.

Thanks!

If you take your deck and cabin number and look at a deck plan, you can see exactly where you are...

Here is a link to Harmony's deck plans... https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1819/03

That being said, Harmony is monstrous, and while you might feel motion, you will feel less than any other ship at sea except a Swath hull design ship.

If you are nervous...you can do a sea band, bonine, or get a patch prescription from your doctor. Other measures are...stay hydrated, eat a green apple and suck on a ginger candy. You will be fine on board Harmony. Compared to the Carnival ship you sailed on before, your jaw will drop when you see her.

1 hour ago, bootoni3 said:

Hi everyone. I need some help. I've been on one cruise in my life and it was carnival and a very small ship. I was sea sick the entire time ?

The staff at RCL told me this ship is sooo big I won't feel any movement.

I just booked two days ago and the rep did a bait and switch. She told me she booked me mid ship but come to find out im in the front. I just spent an hour and half on the phone with them, but they have nothing to switch me to.

Thanks!

I sailed Allure once in January and once in May, both Eastern Itineraries and I actually wished the ship had moved more.  I like the rocking and knowing I'm at sea but I could hardly tell we were even moving.  Of course YMMV. 

I second the candied ginger option, even on land it's helped to settle my stomach when I'd get motion sick. Make sure it's labeled "candied" and not "crystallized", as the latter is mostly sugar, where the former is actual ginger root slices.

My local supermarket sells bags of the stuff in the organic aisle, yours may as well.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:04 PM, tiny260 said:

It may be a mental thing on my part, but when I fly I always order Ginger Ale, on rough flights it seems to help.

Can confirm - currently on plane and this is exactly when Ginger Ale sounds the best. 

Guest toodle68
On 5/4/2018 at 11:42 AM, bootoni3 said:

Who is the Rep?  someone at RC or a Travel Agent?  I very much doubt there is 'nothing to switch you to' for a cruise in 12 months time.

Also, what deck?  The deck is a factor on motion on a cruise.