Is this normal, or another (good, in this case) web site glitch?

Looking for feedback from the experienced cruisers with kids here, as I'm seeing something really weird and can't tell if this is standard procedure or yet another web site glitch. Although if it's a glitch, it's certainly a good one!

I logged in to my account on Royal so I could check the latest cruise planner offerings on my upcoming Anthem trip. I glanced up at the C&A status section, enjoying that nice new "Gold Status" indicator, and saw this...

16 points in C&A

Wait... 16 points?? I didn't sail in a suite, I didn't sail solo, and I've only been on a single 8-night cruise. I clicked on the "Past Cruises" tab, since nothing else was giving me a breakdown of how I got to 16, and had this surprise...

One cruise, counted twice??

I can't imagine that this is on purpose. Yes, my girls are both minors and the payment for the room is in my name / on my credit card, but they are the ones who stayed in the room, the reservation was in their names, and they do have their own C&A numbers. I'm a little concerned that I somehow got all of the points and my wife and kids might have gotten none at all. And I don't see a way to check their C&A points / status to make sure they at least have the correct 8 points.

Have any of you who have sailed with your kids also seen this on any of your past cruises? Or is this a "happy glitch" that I should just stay quiet about? Should I contact my TA and ask her to verify everyone's C&A status / points?

Just now, Matt said:

I have the same glitch.  I just ignored it because my C&A status is correct.

Thanks, @Matt! Is this glitch new, or have you seen it before the new site came online? And do your wife and kids all have the correct points / status?

I heard that they were giving you double points b/c you had SUCH a great time !

lets just hope that they don’t catch it.  Congrats !

Actually, now that I think about it, years ago they gave Dan a “double”.  We never caught it until one day I saw that my point count was 7 points lower than his.  We have never sailed on RCCL without the other, so I knew something was wrong.  They conducted an “audit” and couldn’t find out why his count was higher than mine so they just awarded me 7 more points.  I later found where they had double awarded him.  They have never changed it back so I guess we’re in the clear at this point. Enjoy your bonus !

Mine is normal as expected. 

Can't you log in to their accounts and see what they have?  It's a moot point to some degree, for now.  You wive's status will progress with yours if they know you are married.  If hers doesn't show any, you both will make the next level one cruise faster potentially if it never gets corrected. 

With so many impacted I'm thinking they'll correct it eventually.

Mine are all correct too. You cannot check the kids online at this point anymore. I called C&A and asked them this exact question a few weeks back. You basically have to call C&A with their numbers and check that way. They allow you to do this because they told me that the kids account is linked to yours from their end even though you can't see it. Enjoy your double points! 

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Can't you log in to their accounts and see what they have?

I could if I knew all of their passwords. Unfortunately, I was too good at my job as household IT guy and actually convinced all of them to use 1Password. ?

All I know are their C&A numbers. 

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks, @Matt! Is this glitch new, or have you seen it before the new site came online? And do your wife and kids all have the correct points / status?

New since new site rolled out. As long as I can navigate the site and use the Cruise Planner (which I can), I just ignore bugs like this.  I know CAS knows my status, so in this particular bug I figure they will eventually sort it out.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:20 PM, Kurtp13 said:

Mine says 0 points and Pre Gold status today on the newer website.   Although logging into the old site shows the correct balance.   It's a good thing the ships service is better than the website and app.  

I just checked mine just now and it shows 0 points and Pre-Gold also.  Yet on the past cruise tab it has my cruises and points listed. 

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

I just tried it again and it was still "0"; however, after I got into my cruise planner then back out I hit refresh and Boom - 45 points - Platinum was back! 

I think this is why mine showed up, my browser always auto refreshes when I go from the cruise planner back to the normal page, mine thinks it is going to a new web page.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Mine still shows I have only 16 points.  Tried the going to the cruise planner trick, but no dice.

The first time this happened I went to Cruise Planner and then back and it updated, yesterday this didn't work, so yesterday I went out to the Online check in page to make sure everything was still good there (For the 50th time already, OCD anyone?) and when I went back from there my points were back to normal.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Joe, are your "extra" points still showing up ?

Yup, still there. Went to the cruise planner, then exited and reloaded, and still 16 points as my total.

Need to call Royal to verify the kids and wife have their points, so maybe after I find the time to do that things will "be fixed".

So I finally got around to talking with a C&A rep, and it's a good thing I did. The "extra" points on my C&A account were D17's!! Somehow, when I re-linked the reservation after the website "upgrade" and had to say who "I" was before it would show, that ended up tying her reservation to my C&A account.

Since she turns 18 in September, I wanted to be sure that she had her points properly applied. They got it taken care of in a few minutes, and now I'm back to 8 points as I was originally expecting to be.

It's all good. Wife and I will have 10 more points after our Anthem cruise, and then we just need one 6-night cruise in a JS and we'll be Platinum! ?

Guest toodle68

Our points total is wrong.. has not included our cruise in March. I emailed RC and they said the points on the back end are correct.. 

1 hour ago, toodle68 said:

Our points total is wrong.. has not included our cruise in March. I emailed RC and they said the points on the back end are correct.. 

This happened with our March Anthem sailing too.  We were sailing when they rolled out that new website and the first two weeks after the sailing I just assumed it took them longer to update our points due to their website roll out issues.  3 weeks rolled by and nothing.  So I called.  They assured me of the same that it was correct on their end and it would just take a few days for it show up online.  Well another week and a half went by and still not points online.  So I called again.  This time it was updated immediately and it showed online.  I also verified with the C&A agent that all the points for hubby and kids had been added and they assured me that it was.  Fast forward a few days later, hubby gets the usual C&A promo email (go figure, I never get these and he does but doesn't plan a single thing) and his points on the email are without the Anthem sailing.  So..back on the phone again to straighten it out.  Finally, it all shows up correctly now.  So keep tabs on it.