last minute details?

Hi again folks,

23 days until our first cruise (Harmony May 26).  This site has been an absolutely amazing source of info in the planning process.  We have airline tickets, hotel and car for 2 days pre-cruise, dining, drinks, shows, and excursions bought/scheduled.  

Just wanted to ask for any last minute tips for first timers..

Anything you've packed and never needed?

Anything you consider indispensable?

Thanks in advance..

Jane

Don't go in with the mentality that you have to see and do it all.     bring a highlighter with you and once on board, go through the cruise compass and highlight those "must do" items that are top priority for you.   Give yourself some room to just "wing it" while on board.   Half the fun is just wondering around meeting people and seeing where you end up.   The first cruise my wife and I went cruised, i tried to make sure we did as much as possible and we ran ourselves ragged.   It's a vacation,   relax and have fun!   cheers!

Guest toodle68
18 hours ago, AlaskaJane said:

.. about half my wife's suitcase falls under that section.

21 hours ago, AlaskaJane said:

Just wanted to ask for any last minute tips for first timers..

Anything you consider indispensable?

Thanks in advance..

Jane

3 hours ago, toodle68 said:

..about half my wife's suitcase falls under that section.

Besides a cell phone charger the one thing that has really become indispensable, and it is hard to believe, is magnetic hooks, we use them to hang our lanyards, swim suits to dry, hats, evening clothes, hangers, etc..

On 5/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, tiny260 said:

Besides a cell phone charger the one thing that has really become indispensable, and it is hard to believe, is magnetic hooks, we use them to hang our lanyards, swim suits to dry, hats, evening clothes, hangers, etc..

Make sure you get the heavy duty magnetic hooks - had them for the first time on the past cruise and they were great.  I also bought black plastic travel hangers (on Amazon) which were great for hanging wet clothes.  My husband is a diver and something was always drying.  The heavy duty hooks were great for some of the heavy gear.  

27 minutes ago, jbatinker said:

Make sure you get the heavy duty magnetic hooks - had them for the first time on the past cruise and they were great.  I also bought black plastic travel hangers (on Amazon) which were great for hanging wet clothes.  My husband is a diver and something was always drying.  The heavy duty hooks were great for some of the heavy gear.  

Yeah, the hooks I bought (Amazon) were not strong enough and whatever I tried to hang kept slipping down the wall.  Will have to get something stronger for next trip.