RC Spa

My wife has booked spa appointments many times.  It's worth it in the sense of how much you value relaxation and pampering yourself.  I'd say the prices are on par with any land based resort spa.

Just now, adb0617 said:

Where do you find it on Cruise Planner?

It's here

Screenshot.png

Thank you!  That tab has not appeared on my Cruise Planner yet...I remembered it from previous cruises but couldnt find it in Cruise planner for our current Cruise. I have never done one on previous cruises, but thought I might treat myself for our 10 year anniversary Cruise!!!

Haven't used them myself, but, my wife has very much enjoyed the spa services on each cruise we've taken.

FYI: If you don't take advantage of any deals/sales beforehand, you may still find some good spa service deals while on board. Particularly if you book services for in port/tendering days.

7 minutes ago, adb0617 said:

That tab has not appeared on my Cruise Planner yet...I remembered it from previous cruises but couldnt find it in Cruise planner for our current Cruise. I have never done one on previous cruises, but thought I might treat myself for our 10 year anniversary Cruise!!!

When we sailed this past February on Brilliance, there were no couples message available in the Cruise Planner. Once we boarded, we stopped by the spa table and was able to book the message we wanted at the time we wanted. Also, the spa offers many discounts so be sure to ask (i.e. Crown & Anchor, port day specials, etc.).

I'll often get a massage on a port day to save some money.  Just be aware that the spa employees are not RCI contract employees.  Most cruise lines use a company called Steiner to manage the spa staff.  Being a 3rd party operation they have their own revenue targets and motivate their staff to push spa products and services... sell, sell, sell.  

Sometimes the sales pitch is over the top and annoying.  I just say no and the look on my face must convey my feelings on the subject since they tend to stop the sales pitch pretty quickly. 

I believe that most of the prices for salon and spa services are in line with most available on land.  I know that they skincare line they use and offer is ELEMIS, which is a British company.  The products are good quality but they are not the fountain of youth. LOL You can purchase something if you want to but don't let anyone tell you that you NEED hundreds of dollars of skincare.  Just say no firmly.  You can always purchase products through land based retailers, like QVC.  

I find spa services to be "worth the price" because I'm on vacation and have that "treat yourself" mentality while aboard the ship.  However, I do think the sticker prices are more expensive than land based services- if you hold out for a sale or book during a port day, the prices are more reasonable.  The quality of service is very good.  The sales pitch is annoying, but like others have said, a "no thank you" usually does the trick. 

The easiest way to avoid the sales pitch is to write, in BIG letters, on your evaluation sheet ( you fill this out prior to getting any service in the spa) NO SALES !!  That way, they know before the ever start that you do not want to be bothered.  It has worked great every time.  Sometimes the girl will still give me a “list” of recommended products but I just take it graciously and throw it away at my earliest convenience. 

Ive had mixed results with spa services.  Usually, the treatments are very much worth the time and cost but a few times (our latest couples massage comes to mind) they have not.  These days I usually just go by myself.  Dan was so turned off by his last experience that he doesn’t go anymore.

If you are D+ be sure and mention it b/c there is a relatively new benefit that you can use.  It’s an “add-on” special meaning that if you’re already paying for one service (say, a massage), you can get an add-on (facial, for example) at no additional cost.  Of course, this doesn’t work in combination with already discounted services such as Port day specials.

if you want a real bargain for a massage, go to Costa Maya (Mahaual) and get the $20 massage on the beach. Best bargain you will ever find.

Guest toodle68

I have never been able to book a spa via the cruise planner. Just always had issues with availability, cost etc.

We used the spa twice on our last cruise, first time. I arrived on the ship with the worst neck, shoulder and headache. Cost was not bad. Had a 75 min hot stone massage. There is something great about a massage from a non American. Later on the same cruise we decided to stay on board during port and they were having a special so had a 2nd session.

So we learned we really liked the time we were in there, would use them again, but would not try to book ahead via cruise planner. Just grab the special prices.

We used the spa on our Navigator cruise in 2016 and even though I had a voucher for $50 (won in the raffle!) We still found the prices to be WAY over-priced compared to land spas in the UK - you can get a whole spa day including a treatment and lunch, at a good quality spa, for a comparable price. 

Unfortunately we were both disappointed with the service and experience. We both had a hot stones massage. The treatment rooms were cramped and clinical - more like going to a salon at home rather than an expensive spa. The atmosphere was not relaxing. Despite paying for a 50min treatment, and following the advice to arrive early to go through pre-treatment paperwork/consultation "so you don't miss any treatment time", the massage itself was only about 30mins with an overly long 'consultation' at the start, which seemed more of a way to find out what other treatments they might be able to sell you, and a very hard-sell pitch at the end - not a relaxing end to a spa treatment. 

We both LOVE going for spa treatments and are willing to put our hands in our pockets for a good service but we didn't feel we got  that and won't be going again on our next cruise. 

4 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Does RC do spa tours? If so do y’all think they are good to do? Get anything out of them?

They offer them. On embarkation day. Worth it to get a feel for the spa and the treatments they offer if you're interested in having one. They also enter you into a raffle towin money off a treatment but you have to return when the raffle is drawn to be in with a chance of winning. 

12 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Does RC do spa tours? If so do y’all think they are good to do? Get anything out of them?

They do offer spa tours, primarily on embarkation day (although you can go at anytime and request one).

There's two good reasons to take a spa tour: it allows you to learn about the services offered and see the facility they have.  And it provides something to do on embarkation day, especially when your room isnt ready yet.

• 11 months later...
Just now, Andrew72681 said:

They should pay you to put up with the aggressive hard sell that the outsourced spa people put on at the end of the service. 

It (the hard sell) is very easily precluded.  When I visit the spa for a service I put in BIG LETTERS at the bottom of the form you have to fill out NO SALES.  It has worked 100% of the time.

40 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It (the hard sell) is very easily precluded.  When I visit the spa for a service I put in BIG LETTERS at the bottom of the form you have to fill out NO SALES.  It has worked 100% of the time.

Do you ever fee that your treatment has been compromised because of NO SALES?

On 5/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, Matt said:

They do offer spa tours, primarily on embarkation day (although you can go at anytime and request one).

There's two good reasons to take a spa tour: it allows you to learn about the services offered and see the facility they have.  And it provides something to do on embarkation day, especially when your room isnt ready yet.

We always do the spa tour on embarkation day also and sign up for the drawing for prizes.  Haven't won anything yet, but when my brother and his wife cruise, they have twice won a couples massage.  My hubby and I did have a couples massage on embarkation day of our 25th anniversary cruise, at a discount, and it was nice and probably on par, price wise with the more pricey places here at home. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ll have to pass that along to my wife for next time. She had a very aggressive Eastern European masseuse who had the gall when my wife said no thank you she said “what you don’t have the money”

33 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’ll have to pass that along to my wife for next time. She had a very aggressive Eastern European masseuse who had the gall when my wife said no thank you she said “what you don’t have the money”

Just respond... ."I'm saving my money for a better masseuse"

We enjoyed our experience and prices are reasonable, considering where you are.

Save some money by booking off times, either early or late, or during embarkation or port days.

I say yes to facials and pedicures. NO TO ACCUPUNTURE!

3 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I'm not sure what I would have done if someone said something like that to me but I am fairly sure that her supervisor would have been the one that I said it to !