passport nightmare

Hello! We sail in two weeks on vision of the seas and my kids are ready to go. The passport people, however, held onto my passport application for a month before telling me my photo wasn't ok. They have a new photo and hopefully it will come in time, but I'm in a panic! If I sail with just a license and birth certificate, will I be able to leave the ship in roatan, beluze and mexico?

To my knowledge, you can get off the ship at your ports. The only real disaster comes into play should you need to fly home from somewhere for an emergency. You would not be able to fly.

Yes, that is correct. Royal Caribbean will let you on with just birth certificate and you can get off the ship in ports.

Mom2MyBugs - I would continue to check online or call on your passport so you have an idea of where it

is but yes you can sail with a Photo ID (Govt issued) and Original Birth Certificate (raised seal or certified)

and like others said, RCI allows you off in other countries with your Ship Card.

Ok, after 3 more calls and an additional 70 dollars, it looks like my passport is completed and ready for ups to pick it up and mail it. I should have it with about 4 days to spare! Another related question...I already have my st sail documents and checked in with my birth certificate and id. I can change whatever until March 16. Can I go online and enter in a passport number? Will I have to reprint anything?

Ok, after 3 more calls and an additional 70 dollars, it looks like my passport is completed and ready for ups to pick it up and mail it. I should have it with about 4 days to spare! Another related question...I already have my st sail documents and checked in with my birth certificate and id. I can change whatever until March 16. Can I go online and enter in a passport number? Will I have to reprint anything?

You can try going back through the online check-in process.  Part of that process is entering your passport number.  If it all works, you will have to re-print but using the passport is safer and simpler!

So glad you were able to get it back in time!

While I agree that you should update your online check in, I don't believe you need to reprint the documents as you can actually check in without them in hand. What Royal is most interested in is the establishment of your onboard account. Further, they're going to confirm that you have your passport when you check in at the terminal, so I wouldn't necessarily reprint.

Glad you are in good shape matt! The passport is in my hot little hands! Now my biggest dilemma is which drink to have first or whether to do park café or windjammer when we board!

I'm glad to learn that your problem has been solved! 

As far as Park Cafe versus Windjammer.... why not both?   :D