Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Will be boarding Adventure later this month.  I do not have the photography or technical skills of @JLMoran  or @twangster  and I certainly do not have the patience of @Lovetocruise2002 . What I do have in common with  @Lovetocruise2002 is that all I want to do this cruise is eat and relax. Bottom line is that I am lazy, although, having worked since I was 12, I earned that right!

Soooo…I will not be blogging, but I will be happy to compile a list of questions you may have, try to find the answers and then report back to you. Stopping at Port Canaveral (doing the Royal Pontoon Lagoon excursion), then CocoCay and then Nassau (doing the Royal Pearl Island with lunch excursion)....see....all lazy!😀  Ask away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can just check that the GS have been refurbished. Other websites say yes and others say no.  Also be curious about the WJ food, saw some very negative reviews. (I'm not a foodie so it may be a moot point) but would be curious!

I hope you have a fabulous time!! We are leaving in 4 days!! Doing the Happy Dance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

If you can just check that the GS have been refurbished. Other websites say yes and others say no.  Also be curious about the WJ food, saw some very negative reviews. (I'm not a foodie so it may be a moot point) but would be curious!

I hope you have a fabulous time!! We are leaving in 4 days!! Doing the Happy Dance!!

Are you on periscope?  I just watched a scope last night of AOS GS.  If I can find the link, it will come back and attach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boarding Adventure next week. 

Taking a red eye and doing what I never do - boarding the day of the cruise.  Booked airfare through Air2Sea and thankfully my complimentary upgrades to first class just cleared yesterday.  Gotta love Delta.

Plus @JLMoran my 'Moment' filter adapter was delivered today.  It's waiting for me to return home from yet another trip to NJ.   I've got a really nice B&H CPL left over my crop sensor days to try on it next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lovetocruise2002 thank you! Looks very nice! (except the dreaded shower curtain!) LOL.  It's funny I saw on another group, pictures of the actual cabin we are in on Grandeur and it says "Bangkok Suite"  I guess they all don't have names.  I'll wait for @twangster to blog to see everything up close and personal. Have another 14 months till we board her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

@Lovetocruise2002 thank you! Looks very nice! (except the dreaded shower curtain!) LOL.  It's funny I saw on another group, pictures of the actual cabin we are in on Grandeur and it says "Bangkok Suite"  I guess they all don't have names.  I'll wait for @twangster to blog to see everything up close and personal. Have another 14 months till we board her.

Shower curtain tip - let the water fly, then mop it up with a towel.  The bathroom is waterproof, so I didn't bother using the shower curtain on Grandeur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twangster said:

Shower curtain tip - let the water fly, then mop it up with a towel.  The bathroom is waterproof, so I didn't bother using the shower curtain on Grandeur

And that my friend is the best advice yet!! Let her rip!! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skid said:

Will be boarding Adventure later this month.  I do not have the photography or technical skills of @JLMoran  or @twangster  and I certainly do not have the patience of @Lovetocruise2002 . What I do have in common with  @Lovetocruise2002 is that all I want to do this cruise is eat and relax. Bottom line is that I am lazy, although, having worked since I was 12, I earned that right!

Soooo…I will not be blogging, but I will be happy to compile a list of questions you may have, try to find the answers and then report back to you. Stopping at Port Canaveral (doing the Royal Pontoon Lagoon excursion), then CocoCay and then Nassau (doing the Royal Pearl Island with lunch excursion)....see....all lazy!😀  Ask away.

Later this month meaning May 11 or May 18?  We're on May 18! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 1:36 PM, twangster said:

Shower curtain tip - let the water fly, then mop it up with a towel.  The bathroom is waterproof, so I didn't bother using the shower curtain on Grandeur. 

Adventure has the round, hard plastic doors and not shower curtains.  

I hate those skin-sucking curtains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Big Daddy said:

Interested in an update on the Coco Cay Pier. Wondering if it will be ready for the Fall

It's already been moved from June to the Fall, so we'll see!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off...even though the weather is not really cooperating, this may be our most fun cruise yet. This is the best crew we've seen....Every single crew member is amazingly friendly and helpful. Hotel Director Bill Downey has been all over the ship and it is so obvious that he truly loves his job. His enthusiasm definitely trickles down to everyone.

CD Chris Brown and AM Magic Marvin Wilson are the best team we have seen since Abe Hughes and Chris Hopkins. I think Marvin will be the next great CD. And now presenting...the highlight of the CD staff.... Fernanda from Mexico! This magnificent young lady is nothing short of an entertainment machine AND the nicest, friendliest person you can ever want to meet. They had the Disco Inferno 70's show last night (excellent show--sorry JOE01). Everyone was great, but Fernanda "rocked the boat".

On 5/1/2018 at 11:36 AM, Boston Babe said:

If you can just check that the GS have been refurbished. Other websites say yes and others say no.  Also be curious about the WJ food, saw some very negative reviews. (I'm not a foodie so it may be a moot point) but would be curious!

I hope you have a fabulous time!! We are leaving in 4 days!! Doing the Happy Dance!!

On 5/1/2018 at 12:35 PM, greenline627 said:

Yes would be interested in the GS question.

 

According to Hotel Director Bill, MOST of the suites got new carpets and drapes during the last dry dock. Bedding stayed on the rotating schedule they always had, so some suites have brand new, while others may not. We are not in a suite, but FYI our OV hump balcony cabin did get new bedding and our mattress is VERY comfortable to us.... mattresses, like food, are subjective.

Windjammer: no issues there. Crowded, of course, but food (again, subjective) is fine and fresh. We've been in MDR each night for dinner and have enjoyed food and service there also. If any issue at all, it is that MDR entrees end up at the table warm, not steaming hot. Ok, though. Will be doing Chops Lunch on Thursday.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, KathyC said:

Later this month meaning May 11 or May 18?  We're on May 18! 

Kathy, I am already jealous that we are getting off in Friday, and you will be first staring your vacation. Have an awesome time!

 

On 5/2/2018 at 8:37 PM, mpoole3 said:

See you on board!!!

Are you on Adventure now, doing a B2B from your time here on the 5th repositioning or were you talking about Grandeur???

On 5/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, Big Daddy said:

Interested in an update on the Coco Cay Pier. Wondering if it will be ready for the Fall

DW wasn't sure about going with the weather being what is, but I think I have convinced her. Either way, I will try to get some information today.

Other quick tidbits:

WiFi cuts out about 20 times a day...but have never needed to re-enter the password...just need to click WiFi and it comes right back. No issues getting it anywhere on the ship so far.

We are on day 4 and have not seen a drink card offer yet. Specialty coffee card on board is 15 for $31.

Despite what I have read previously, we have had no annoying hardsell attempts at all for spa, specialty restaurants, etc. Reps are certainly all around if you want help, but have not been pestering or bothersome.

Dropped off our luggage at Bayonne Port at about 10:30, parked at the garage, checked in and was on board and eating in WJ by 11:15. Easy peasie! WJ was pretty much epmty when we got there and packed by 11:30. 

And of ultimate importance....pizza is better than last year. Certainly not the best, but very edible. Other items in Cafe Promenade are really good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Skid said:

And of ultimate importance....pizza is better than last year. Certainly not the best, but very edible.

We're talking Sorrentos, or the offerings in the Windjammer? I'd certainly hope that pizza was improved on ships that sail out of NY / NJ! We've got a reputation to uphold! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skid said:

According to Hotel Director Bill, MOST of the suites got new carpets and drapes

thanks so much @Skid!  You sound like you have a having a ball! I've read so many fantastic reviews about AOS, I may have consider a 2020 cruise on her too!!

ENJOY!! Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...