Johnny Rockets Pricing on Allure

JessiesGirl

• 4 weeks later...

The Windjammer usually has hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries on the buffet at lunch.  I don't understand why people want to pay extra for that.  I think some of the ships have added a free burger/hot dogs and fries grille back by the Flow Rider as well?  This is a concept that needs to go.  

6 hours ago, cruise-y said:

The Windjammer usually has hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries on the buffet at lunch.  I don't understand why people want to pay extra for that.  I think some of the ships have added a free burger/hot dogs and fries grille back by the Flow Rider as well?  This is a concept that needs to go.  

I think you are talking about the wipe out cafe.

The cost of Johnny Rockets is $9.95 plus 18% gratuity making it close to $12.00.  RC has decided that the specialty restaurants (JR is one, lol) that are booked onboard will have the 18% added to the charge.  Previously, the gratuity was included, I guess as it was the $6.95.  

2 hours ago, Katiel53 said:

The cost of Johnny Rockets is $9.95 plus 18% gratuity making it close to $12.00.  RC has decided that the specialty restaurants (JR is one, lol) that are booked onboard will have the 18% added to the charge.  Previously, the gratuity was included, I guess as it was the $6.95.  

ok earlier today I got criticized for predicting that in the not to distant future royal will be an all ala  carte experience from embark to disembark think about it? check out the msc model

4 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

If the new price is on Indy when we sail on her later this year, I doubt very much we'll be eating there: would rather order from room service and only pay $7.95. 

In my experience the Royal Burger through room service is much better than JR which is pretty much a WJ burger with a sauce they don't have in the WJ.

I watched a documentary on the Allure and they make all of the pattys in house for ALL dining venues including Johnny Rockets. I wonder why they raised the prices when it is literally the same type of burger you can get at wipeout cafe or Windjammer. With that being said I am still going to eat there.

3 hours ago, jwutony16 said:

I watched a documentary on the Allure and they make all of the pattys in house for ALL dining venues including Johnny Rockets. I wonder why they raised the prices when it is literally the same type of burger you can get at wipeout cafe or Windjammer. With that being said I am still going to eat there.

Welcome to the message boards!

The patty and buns are identical to WJ.  The sauce they use and the availability of onion rings is the key differentiator IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

The patty and buns are identical to WJ.  The sauce they use and the availability of onion rings is the key differentiator IMO.

Thanks! Im going to do it once, so I can use my drink package for the milkshakes!

15 minutes ago, jwutony16 said:

Thanks! Im going to do it once, so I can use my drink package for the milkshakes!

I don't believe the drink package applies to the milkshakes... I was under the impression those were always a 'purchase' thing.

35 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

I don't believe the drink package applies to the milkshakes... I was under the impression those were always a 'purchase' thing.

I don't think the milkshakes are included either.  Unless you are Star Class....

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/24/5-beverages-not-included-any-royal-caribbean-drink-package

not on all classes though...Allure it is..but none of the ships I have been on, its not even open for breakfast.

And I cant imagine it will be free much longer on any ship based on Royal's trends of adding and increasing costs of everything and anything it can.

On 6/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, KLAconQueso said:

From what I was told from customer service, if I pay for the lunch the milk shakes are included HOWEVER I have received bad information lately from RCCL customer service.

31 minutes ago, jwutony16 said:

From what I was told from customer service, if I pay for the lunch the milk shakes are included HOWEVER I have received bad information lately from RCCL customer service.

Might be bad info?  If you look at the fine print on this menu (direct from RC), it looks like they are available at current bar pricing.  But the pop is complimentary!  I've never dined at Johnny Rockets on board so I cannot verify....

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/data/dining/johnny-rockets/menu/Johnny-Rockets-Sample-Menu-web.pdf

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, monctonguy said:

not on all classes though...Allure it is..but none of the ships I have been on, its not even open for breakfast.

And I cant imagine it will be free much longer on any ship based on Royal's trends of adding and increasing costs of everything and anything it can.

this is definitely the way there headed I have been on several cruises since I heard of complimentary breakfast not one had it seems to me the suite class will get it no soup for steerage ?

2 hours ago, jwutony16 said:

I have been to many johny rockets on land and on ships never heard of free or included milkshakes I have gotten certificates in my cabin for free milkshakes with meal BUT I would caution about what royal reps say as I have gotten bad info from every level I have spoken too possibly as I was told by one senior planner that royal has given the hotel director on each ship great latitude to run his ship the way he sees fit to try to increase the sales and the bottom line welcome to the forum and happy sea days

Decided to give JR a go last week onboard the Indy, a big increase in cost and I’m of the opinion it isn’t worth it. As I’ve said earlier here, the rising costs seem to be affecting these places, such as JR and Fish n Ships, the quality of food doesn’t seem worth the additional cost. Whilst we ate there it was very quiet with just three other tables seated, and when passing other times seemed only the crew eat there. I found the burger when ordered room service to be superb and well worth the cover charge.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, 3trinitythree said:

Decided to give JR a go last week onboard the Indy, a big increase in cost and I’m of the opinion it isn’t worth it. As I’ve said earlier here, the rising costs seem to be affecting these places, such as JR and Fish n Ships, the quality of food doesn’t seem worth the additional cost. Whilst we ate there it was very quiet with just three other tables seated, and when passing other times seemed only the crew eat there. I found the burger when ordered room service to be superb and well worth the cover charge.

I too have found that the once special rockets has lost all of its luster I have seen on many occasions empty booths as I passed enroute to other far better eating options the last attempt at eating at rockets was on the oasis and those of you who have sailed her know they sunk a lot of money into that particular restaurant to say it was awful was an understatement greasy overcooked food almost no flavor and I guess I should have guessed as when we approached no one at the outside tables and we were the only people seated inside raise the price I don't think so if royal has any hope of saving this once fun part of cruising they should go back to what worked 5.00 and properly trained cooks are a must if this once great franchise is to survive take it off the specialty restaurant list now is the time to rethink royal an entire cruise on majesty last year JR was rarely  open and when it was yep that's right no one there Royal there is no shame in admitting you made a mistake fix it now or rebrand and put in a better option  just my humble opinion