Drone shots Allure from Sat 4-29

Some shots from this am. I wanted to check out our loft location for next month in real time. I waved “hi” to the captain before I flew home! Please refrain from beating a very dead horse with the legality questions pertaining to this flight path. It is NOT a restricted area (its very very close to a couple restricted areas like FLL and PE power plant but not close enough). Enjoy 

A75473DD-294D-4E5A-96CD-184863FB519E.png

92BADEE4-487A-4735-8302-8BA443F34FFF.png

D2E034B7-661C-47CD-8F4A-8BC6D68E9776.png

3CAD889F-6B78-43D8-9181-6832A1AC7F08.jpeg

We were on the Allure on April 1st. Had our daughter and her family with us on the observation deck on 14 as we were heading out of FLL. Didn't realize but there was a drone right above us flying around and the ship. It seemed to come to  hover as we all were waving at it, the grand kids thought was part of the cruise!. Once we got close to the condos on the port side of the ship, the drone headed back to home base. I was surprised the drone operator could control it with all that wind! That's an expensive hobby if it hits the water! :27_sunglasses:

1 minute ago, rjac said:

We were on the Allure on April 1st. Had our daughter and her family with us on the observation deck on 14 as we were heading out of FLL. Didn't realize but there was a drone right above us flying around and the ship. It seemed to come to  hover as we all were waving at it, the grand kids thought was part of the cruise!. Once we got close to the condos on the port side of the ship, the drone headed back to home base. I was surprised the drone operator could control it with all that wind! That's an expensive hobby if it hits the water! :27_sunglasses:

I’ve seen that drone & im starting to think it’s Royal Caribbean’s drone and used as the intro to the sailing videos they sell on each voyage. I take off from my house in the harbor inlet neighborhood which is that row of homes to the North as your leaving port and always see that same drone flying the same flight path. 

Love looking at your drone shots @tonyfsu21!  Nice to see you got that upgrade to the CLS.

It's cool to see that you got such a clear view of the balconies on Deck 17.  Going to ask for a favour here...if you happen to fly your drone around Harmony again, can you check out the balcony on 1722?  Just curious as to what type of furniture we can expect out there next cruise?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Love looking at your drone shots @tonyfsu21!  Nice to see you got that upgrade to the CLS.

It's cool to see that you got such a clear view of the balconies on Deck 17.  Going to ask for a favour here...if you happen to fly your drone around Harmony again, can you check out the balcony on 1722?  Just curious as to what type of furniture we can expect out there next cruise?

Sure thing. Next Saturday I am taking the boat out to the ocean for the Fort Lauderdale Airshow but I am bringing the drone so I may be able to get a shot as she’s leaving port. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I’ve seen that drone & im starting to think it’s Royal Caribbean’s drone and used as the intro to the sailing videos they sell on each voyage. I take off from my house in the harbor inlet neighborhood which is that row of homes to the North as your leaving port and always see that same drone flying the same flight path. 

Very interesting, that may be why it hovered over us when we were waving at it. BY the way, that close to the port, doesn't it get noisy with all the cruise ships blasting their horns when the are coming and going?  

12 minutes ago, rjac said:

Very interesting, that may be why it hovered over us when we were waving at it. BY the way, that close to the port, doesn't it get noisy with all the cruise ships blasting their horns when the are coming and going?  

Nope. We have ballistic grade hurricane impact windows. You can’t hear a bird chirp.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Great photos!

I noticed the black bars on either side of the photos. Are you not shooting these in landscape mode? Or is there some other restriction associated with the camera your drone has?

These are shot in landscape mode and look great on my phone but they upload in portrait for some reason. 

Just now, tonyfsu21 said:

These are shot in landscape mode and look great on my phone but they upload in portrait for some reason. 

Interesting. Reason I ask is I'd love to feature some of your photos on the blog but landscape is definitely preferred.  It's simple enough to rotate the photos in Photoshop, but I was just curious as to why the black bars.  Odd that they get the black bars on upload.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Interesting. Reason I ask is I'd love to feature some of your photos on the blog but landscape is definitely preferred.  It's simple enough to rotate the photos in Photoshop, but I was just curious as to why the black bars.  Odd that they get the black bars on upload.

Matt- I will mess with the settings and see if I can get rid of the bars. 

I really like the square photo look. Most new camera's (Nikon d850 and newer iphones at least) offer a 1:1 square image option.  A lot of great historic photos by people like Ansel Adams were shot in square format as well. But it is wierd that its adding the black bars to the sides.