New Deployments !!

Excited to see the new deployment announcements, but have a Q. Under Liberty, it says "will continue" it's year round cruises out of Galveston. Huh ?? Navigator sails out of Galveston. Liberty will be new to Galveston won't it ? Either way, I'm thrilled to see Liberty coming to Galveston. Hurry September !!!

Taking my kids on the enchantment in August...I'm wanting to book oasis to so they can experience a bigger ship..at least when they go on enchantment they get to go to the waterpark in alantis.. hopefully they meet some kids on enchantment to hang out with

I think Disney might finally have some serious competition. Curious to see if Disney will have to cut prices and/or Royal can compete with higher per berth prices than is typical elsewhere. Throw Carnival into the mix, and it gets interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you are right... Liberty (going on cruise this OCT out of NJ) is being redeployed eventually and Quantum & Anthem will be out of Cape Liberty, NJ, it appears... Explorer was out of NJ (up to 2013 or so) until it was refurbished and redeployed too...

Too bad they could not deploy an Oasis class ship to the Northeast... especially after Harmony and Oasis IV are completed... maybe the ports / bridges are too small / low for passage and docking...

• 3 weeks later...

I guess they didn't want to allocate the days necessary to sail down to one of the "ABC" islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao) which would be necessary to transport passengers legally from one US port to another (otherwise in violation of the Passenger Vessel Services Act) before heading up to New Jersey. Instead, they can go empty in just a few days between the ports and start the normal itineraries from Cape Liberty.

Sailing between two U.S. ports requires a stop at a "distant foreign port," which is why the ABCs were mentioned in the previous post. This is why all of the Hawaii cruises are now round trip unless repositioning from Vancouver. They tried to use Ensenada in years past, but it didn't qualify.

Note that this does not apply to US flagged vessels.