Price Change Help?

I hope someone can help?

Myself and partner and parents are going on a cruise in August on Indy for 2 weeks. We’ve booked a 6V interior cabin and selected our room number. 

Weve just checked and 6V cabbins have dropped in price by about £500 per cabin. Although these are guarantee rooms not pre selected? 

Does anyone know if I can contact RC to match the price that has dropped? Never done it before and not sure about he guarantee cabins etc.

Thanks 

Doe

Generally you can make get price adjustments, upgrade your room without issue as long as you have not put down final payment yet.  However, it doesn't look like you are from North America and I have heard from others on this board that the booking rules are different for those outside North America.  You might want to ask your TA or read the fine print on your reservation.

Usually, the only way to obtain a lower price, or better promotional offer, under the UK terms and conditions is to cancel your existing booking and rebook. However, you will forfeit your deposit so you have to be careful that you don't lose more than you gain. The other aspect to take into account is that guarantee staterooms may be cheaper but don't usually include the offers (such as on board credit  or included drinks package). As the current offer includes OBC of $500 for many sailings, the loss of this, together with loss of deposit, would negate the price advantage completely.

Sometimes it will work out in your favour, but you have to do the sums to be sure. I have re-priced on several occasions, lost my deposit, but taken a lower price and a current offer that was better than the one under which I had original booked.

There is, however, an exception to this loss of deposit which Royal has not widely publicised. I have pasted this below from their website. Please note that certain categories of Guarantee staterooms are excluded even so.

I hope this helps a little (although, probably, not a lot).

1.    The Early booking deposit guarantee is applicable to new bookings made between 14th November 2017 and 30th April 2018 on selected cruise itineraries commencing in 2019 for 6 nights or more.

2.    Guests making new bookings for sailings in 2019 shall be entitled, subject to availability, to make one swap to any other future promotion on their existing booking subject to such promotion change being made no later than 31st December 2018.

3.    Upon redemption of the one promotion swap, the cruise fare will be adjusted up or down to the prevailing cruise price. If the price of the prevailing cruise fare is cheaper, we will provide a refund for the difference between the existing booking cruise fare cost and the new booking cruise fare cost within 30 days.

4.    The early booking deposit guarantee is applicable to the cruise element of a booking only. Other elements including, but not limited to, flights, hotel or transfers may be subject to a separate deposit, amendment and cancellation fees.

5.    Group bookings shall be eligible to the benefit from the guarantee. Groups must be created, named and deposited within the stated booking period and will be at prevailing rate.

6.    Guarantee stateroom bookings in class ZI, YO, XN, XB and WS are excluded from this guarantee.

7.    For general booking conditions including advice on ATOL/ABTA protection, full booking terms and conditions, applicable sailings, cancellation charges & other information, please refer to the royalcaribbean.co.uk website or contact your travel agent.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:56 AM, JamesGurner said:

I hope someone can help?

Myself and partner and parents are going on a cruise in August on Indy for 2 weeks. We’ve booked a 6V interior cabin and selected our room number. 

Weve just checked and 6V cabbins have dropped in price by about £500 per cabin. Although these are guarantee rooms not pre selected? 

Does anyone know if I can contact RC to match the price that has dropped? Never done it before and not sure about he guarantee cabins etc.

Thanks 

Doe

It sounds like you're from the UK, and in that case, I believe you are not allowed to make price adjustments there like you can in North America.

I'd still call and see what's possible (you never know what can happen when you ask), but my understanding is your price is set.