Credit Card Insurance or buy cruise all in insurance ?

Guest toodle68

It depends on your card.. Most credit cards do not cover trip cancellation or medical evac etc. I think the best one I have seen is the Chase Sapphire. We recently decided to start purchasing extra travel insurance as we got older and our trips more expensive. After a lot of research, I decided on Allianz Travel Insurance. 

48 minutes ago, toodle68 said:

It depends on your card.. Most credit cards do not cover trip cancellation or medical evac etc. I think the best one I have seen is the Chase Sapphire. We recently decided to start purchasing extra travel insurance as we got older and our trips more expensive. After a lot of research, I decided on Allianz Travel Insurance. 

I agree 100% and also purchased Allianz Annual Travel Insurance which was a bargain compared to purchasing per trip/cruise ! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was considering an annual plan from Allianz, but the pricing didn't make sense for us as we're doing Europe and New Zealand. As a result, the maximums weren't enough to cover those trips. While I'm lucky to have health insurance that would cover evacuation, I always buy extra travel insurance just in case, but mostly in the case the trip is interrupted because of aging parents or in-laws.

I've only had to make one claims in a couple of dozen cruises. That was with Allianz and it was relatively painless.